1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Knives in movies

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by SW-EDC, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Dr Heelhook

Dr Heelhook Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Cobra is an awesome movie :D. The handle on the Night Slasher knife looks pretty narrow though, I wonder how it feels in the hand. Either way, it's a unique looking knife. Everyone who's seen that movie remembers that knife.

2. BladeScout

BladeScout Basic Member Basic Member

May 16, 2010
    No, its really not;)

Maybe the most tacky one, Hibben has made.

And he has trundled out some design turds.

But hey, its a movie knife and not supposed to be functional nor practical - just eye catching.

The lead sled was gorgeous though.

jackknife likes this.
  3. Dr Heelhook

Dr Heelhook Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Yeah, it's a cool car.

4. James Y

James Y

Feb 18, 1999
    Chinatown (1974)

Although I personally detest Roman Polanski, I like this scene...

Jim

5. BladeScout

BladeScout Basic Member Basic Member

May 16, 2010
    Ditto

but great movie.

6. BitingSarcasm

BitingSarcasm

Feb 25, 2014
    A knife shop I used to frequent in the 90s had one of the same size copies and the "extra large" version, so of course I had to handle them. They were a perfect "0" ergonomically, with the added benefit of the middle piece of the guard concentrating a lot of force on the ring finger. There was nothing else to get a grip on, probably would have broken or dislocated the finger in use. But I think once you pulled it out there would be no need to use it, especially with the X-Lrg with a huge, foot long version of that blade. It's a knife that screams, "I am massively overcompensating for something and I am willing to hurt myself and everyone around me to prove it." Didn't try it with gloves on though, that might change things.

7. John A. Larsen

John A. Larsen

Jan 15, 2001
    Between 1985-1988 I was stationed on Okinawa, but we deployed to the Philippines many times, often to Clark AFB. On the base is a Negrito village, who were granted the rights to live there for all the help they provided Americans during WWII. They ran a little knife stand on base, mostly made from truck springs. When the movie "Cobra" was shown on base, within two weeks the Negritos were selling their version of a Cobra knife. John

8. strategy9

strategy9 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2015
    99.7% sure the serial killing sociopath in "Happy" uses a serrated Kershaw Leek in his tool kit...
    http://imgur.com/FlXAvoY

9. James Y

James Y

Feb 18, 1999
    In the original 1989 version of Pet Sematary, Jud (Fred Gwynne) pulls out a traditional pocketknife with about a 3"-3.5" blade, either a clip or spear point (hard to tell exactly). Also hard to tell if it's a slip joint or a locking blade. From the little I could see of it, the blade looked like straight carbon steel. The bolsters are clearly visible. It's the scene where the little toddler boy has returned from the burial ground and is in his house (I didn't include a video of the scene, because I don't know if it's acceptable for this forum).

Jim

10. John A. Larsen

John A. Larsen

Jan 15, 2001
    The Counterfeit Traitor, with William Holden as a Swedish business man spying for the Allies. He use a "Jack Knife" which look to be some kind of automatic, to kill a man trying to call the Gestapo to turn him in as a spy. John

11. urbantrapper

urbantrapper

Dec 13, 2018
    Im sure its been mentioned but The Edge is one of my favorite movies. It ticks all the boxes for a good movie imo. Wilderness, survival, slipjoint knife. Like this post if you love The Edge! Dont go native on me Bob.

12. UncleTroy

UncleTroy

May 2, 2019
    Anybody know what knife is used in the new Shaft movie? The one featured in the trailer at 1:40? Any help is appreciated!

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  13. dirc

dirc

Jan 31, 2018
    it really looks like a spartan fixed blade... difensa or horkos?

14. Benson X

Benson X Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    SOG Kiku Matsuda Fixed blade spotted in Supernatural (s14e12)
    [​IMG]

15. DrHenley

DrHenley

May 31, 2019
    Most famous movie knife scene of all time...
    [​IMG]