Knives that you are surprised are not as popular as they should be

We all know there are knives that seem to have the whole package: feels good in the hand, well made, highly usable, and even look nice. Somehow, though, they just aren't as popular as you would expect them to be, given their traits.

For me, it's the Benchmade 930 Kulgera. I'm pretty surprised it's not more popular than it is right now. Seems like almost nobody has one.
Another would have to be the Spyderco Police. Big knife, rather light for its size, strong lockup, and not too much interest.

How about yours ?

Lone Wolf Blackfoot:

DSCN1406.jpg

Thick heavy duty heat treated steel liners, checkered stabilized Ebano wood scales, s30v with an excellent utility blade shape with thick tip. All for less than $100!

Another i would think is the Spyderco Gayle Bradley. Nice blade shape, excellent steel, brilliant scales, and surprisngly affordable.

Lone Wolf Blackfoot:

DSCN1406.jpg

Thick heavy duty heat treated steel liners, checkered stabilized Ebano wood scales, s30v with an excellent utility blade shape with thick tip. All for less than $100!

They increased the price this year. It's more like $130.

Entreck USA knives. These things look awesome, I've handled one they are of primo quality.

As afr as inexpensive knives go, I'd say the........

Great pricing on the Timberline Workhorse. I've had the Large plain edge for a couple years now and really think highly of this knife.

Stout and very comfortable. Liner lock very stout. Blade shape is great.

I may try and replicate a fixed blade version for my own use.

I would say the BM 635 mini skirmish. At first I did not like it for some reason, but I liked his bigger brother. I never held a mini skimish until about 3 weeks ago. I went to this shop on a Friday to buy a balisong and noticed he had a BM 635. I called back the next monday to ask what's the best deal he would give me on the 635. The next morning I was on my way to pick it up. I fell in love with the feel the very first time I wrapped my hands around it. To me the Skirmish and mini Skirmish feel better in my hand than the Bradley Alias I and Seebies. There is somthing about the curve that just fits in your hand.

Emerson cqc-10, and Emerson cqc-12, then again maybe 12 is because its out of production.

I like the Kulgera (just got one last week). I'm surprised the BM Torrent with Nitrous assist isn't more popular. Great looking knife that opens fast. Has a glass breaker too.

I like the Kulgera (just got one last week). I'm surprised the BM Torrent with Nitrous assist isn't more popular. Great looking knife that opens fast. Has a glass breaker too.

Would love one, if it weren't for the darn assuage. It looks like it'd make a good manual EDC work knife.

Mcusta comes to mind.

My first thought, too. Simply incredible knives that look, feel, and perform like full-on customs, all for a fraction ($125-$250) of something like a Henry or Reeve. Can't do better for the $$ in the "gentleman's folder" class, IMHO.

They increased the price this year. It's more like $130.

I bought 2 recently with the g10 scales for under $80, brand new. I can find them under $100 easily.

I would say the new lone wolf manual series, (long horn, black foot, cheyenne) all fit the bill as under appreciated.

To the OP, I have a 930, and outside of the cool scales, I prefer my grips over it.

I remember when the 940 was all the rage, and I was trying to snag a red one. Then I saw the 930, and suddenly the 940 wasn't as special.

The Torrent's not a bad knife, either. I think there is simply less interest in BM than there was a few years ago. A lot of people have found more bang-for-buck in other brands.

What about the Buck Vantage Pro - G-10 handles w/ SS liners, S30v blade w/ Bos Heat treat ! Made in USA $50 !
Or the Buck/Strider 889SBMF - Big & Solid & Made in USA ! for about $60 !
Either of these 2 knives are well worththe money & Buck has a great warranty & Customer service :thumbup:

Back