knives you keep coming back to?

I go back to 2 knives. No matter how many times I sell them and think I've got something better. I always end up with these two knives.

On the Production side;
Benchmade AFCK (never actually got rid of all of them) It looks like the SERE 2000 might fall into this category one day.

On the hannd made side:

Crawford titanium KFF.

Darrel Ralph EDC will also fall into this category.

------------------
Win if can, lose if you must, but always cheat.

I thought I lost my Syderco Native the other day, and I immediately set about finding another one at a good price.
If I had lost any of my other knives, I would have used the situation as an excuse to try a different type of knife.
Not my Native, though.
I had to have another one.
Incidentally, it resurfaced or I would have a new Native in 440V in my hand right now.

------------------
Luke 22:36, John 18:6-11, Freedom
If one takes care of the means, the end will take care of itself.

The plethora of Spydies mentioned is impressive. I've got a Delica and love it. But the knives I always come back to are my SAKs. Like allenC mentioned, no matter how much I like my other knives, I always come back to my Victorinox SAKs. When I carry my single-blade folders or one of my favored traditional pocketknives, I always seem to need a screwdriver or other tool. My heart says tote the stockman or two-blade jack, my head says: better drop the Spartan into your pocket.

OOPs! I have learned my lesson--Sorry moderators--
------------------
"A six blade Knife will do anything for you"

[This message has been edited by seaplane (edited 12-27-2000).]

sorry for the multiple posts--Please delete--C.L.

------------------

sorry for the multiple posts--It kept kicking me off. Please delete!--C.L.

------------------

I have tried to find a replacement for my "cut down" gerber parabellum , but after breaking a few knives , I always go back to the Gerb. I also always have my victorinox master mechanic with me and sometimes I carry a Bob Dozier straight personal with yellow micarta handles
biggrin.gif

For me it is the Spydie C-48 Wegner.It is tough,carries well and is flexible enough for every task. I get caught up in the excitement of the so called "next great knife" and it slips out of my daily carry rotation.But a few months later I always come back to the good old reliable Wegner.This has been going on for a few years at least.
David

------------------
AKTI# A000150
NC Custom Knifemakers Guild member
NC Knife Knuts member

Benchmade 910 is the one that reappears more often than not in my right front jeans pocket. Good size. Comfortable in the hand and an overall great cutting machine.

lately i have been carrying my small crkt
point guard a lot, usually dont leave the
house without my micra either

There are three knives that I keep coming back to: Roselli Nikkarinpuukko, Spyderco Military, and Spyderco Calypso Jr. Ltwt. All of them are just extremely handy and useful. Whenever I buy a new knife, I'll usually carry it for a couple of weeks, then go back to one of these three.

------------------
Cerulean

"We cut things to create things" - J.K.M.

For me it's my old Buck Crosslock. My EDC is a BM710, but I can never leave the Buck in the drawer. It's strong and sharp, and has been allowed entrance into airports and courthouses for years.

------------------
There are no rules- Thou shalt win at all costs.

Although now I'm seriously considering picking up my first spyderco.

------------------
There are no rules- Thou shalt win at all costs.

For me.......Spyderco Viele hands down.
The best fitting knife my pocket has ever seen.

Greg

------------------
Always do right....this will gratify some and astonish the rest.

My old style plain tanto Cold Steel Voyager and at least two of my Victorinox SAK's (one being a little Classic) and an original Leatherman pocket tool can't seem to stay home for very long without me almost no matter what else I carry.

My M2 AFCK is the one I reach for first.

Duno why, I own several knives that are much better. Only wish I had bought the plain edge model and not the combo edge. Love M2 steel!

W.A.

------------------
"To strive to seek to find and not to yield"
Tennyson
Ranger motto

Though I own many knives, my daily carry's are alway Spyderco's. My Police SS or G10 are always clipped to my pocket.

------------------

The two that I carry every day are an Allen Blade Chipmunk in Talonite and the very useful Spyderco Gunting.

I also keep coming back to the BM 710. It has the awesome axis lock, is ergonomic, and I'm a sucker for a recurve blade.

------------------
Dennis Bible

mylogosmall.gif

BM AFCK, I've "replaced" it several times, but none of the replacements lasted more than a few days.
Bought a BM 710HS that may actually make the grade, though.

Back