Knock-Off, Counterfeit, Fake Bucks & The Americans Who Sell Them

There is a seller on the bay who has titanium handles with new blades but has the Phrobis dolphin stamps on the knife itself. If you go to his store there are more there. Didn't the Phrobis die years ago with the end of the bayonets and 560 blade? I would appreciate some knowledge. TYVM.

He is a legitimate seller. He gets build outs from a Buck employee. The knives are real, most likely parts that have been recently found and made into knives.

Withdrawn

Last edited:
Amazon seller Polarbear's Official TH this popped up in my "you might like"
feed.
7222a71a26368a0fceb2b2e60c371b2e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am looking to get a Buck Tops Csar-t 0095BKSTP at Amazon, and it's sold by Amazon. Does anyone know for sure if they sell authentic Buck knives? And if not where else can I get one for a similar price from a trusted seller?

I am looking to get a Buck Tops Csar-t 0095BKSTP at Amazon, and it's sold by Amazon. Does anyone know for sure if they sell authentic Buck knives? And if not where else can I get one for a similar price from a trusted seller?
I've bought plenty on Amazon as long as they are "sold by and ships from Amazon". They have all been legit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There are two Buck distributors now that you can buy Buck knives from and not worry about getting a fake, one is Copper and Clad and the other is SK Blades. I f you go to buy directly from Buck plan to pay almost two times the amount for the knife. If you go on E-bay go at your own risk. Many are very good knock-offs and there is nobody that can say what the percentage is of the fake Bucks except maybe Buck. I just heard yesterday that the number is 15% to 50%. So nobody can give an actual number but they are out there for a fact.

Last edited:
He is a legitimate seller. He gets build outs from a Buck employee. The knives are real, most likely parts that have been recently found and made into knives.

Yes I know he is a legit seller but how are discontinued titanium handles matched to newer blades and have the phrobis dolphin stamp all come together and he is the only one that has these made up knives. I do think they are made up knives but who has the stamp? I know Buck would never stamp another company's logo on their own knives, so IMO he is the one with the stamp.
The knives look nice but it is the stamp that bothers me. Buck may have extra handles and the different colored blades and he orders them and gets a break because the handles are laying around, so he matches them to different blades. Another thing that bothers me is a person was showing off these knives that he bought and I know exactly where they came from and at a costly sum. None had a 560 blade or 186 all were 110's. I have approx 10 of these knives that are real 560 knives 3 take apart which are real and those are the only ones I would buy now and know that the phrobis is real.

Last edited:
Yes I know he is a legit seller but how are discontinued titanium handles matched to newer blades and have the phrobis dolphin stamp all come together and he is the only one that has these made up knives. I do think they are made up knives but who has the stamp? I know Buck would never stamp another company's logo on their own knives, so IMO he is the one with the stamp.
Maybe you should report that seller to BUCK.

Last edited:
FYI Buck bought everything from Phrobis. And owns all rights.

Those knives are legitimate and 100 percent Buck.

This is accurate.

You are going to find all kinds of build out on the bay. They are not catalog knives that you used to seeing. They will more than like be considered customs are most are awesome.

Build outs are exactly that. Built out of parts from the factory. Some are vintage some are not. All Awesome.

A Chinese counterfit 113 Ranger Skinner. Scary close.... :eek:
$24 including shipping from Hong Kong.

113.Chinese.Counterfit%20%201_zps3fkb0xs9.jpg

113.Chinese.Counterfit%20%202_zpsz0yoypi0.jpg

Just wondering if Buck ever made a barlow or granddaddy barlow? Seen several for sale recently at very high prices.

Edit - Just did a forum search and found Buck did have a barlow made by Camillus.

Rich

I'm new to posting on the forum, but have been lurking for a few years. Looking to purchase a Buck 192BR Vanguard for me and for my son-in-law. Now Buck sells this one for USD120, Knife Center for USD75 and Amazon for AUD43. The seller on the Amazon page is allegedly Buck Knives. Should I be suspicious? The photos on all three websites are all very similar except that the knives in both Amazon and Knife center photos are stamped 692 (which is the rubber handled model) while the Buck website shows stamp 192. I have 8 Buck knives already and am mightily impressed with the quality, so I don't want a fake.
I might add that I am equally mightily impressed by the knowledge that is so freely and graciously given in this forum.
Thanks.

If they state that the order is fulfilled by amazon, then you should be good. If it's a 3rd party store then you might need to do some research on the seller to see if they are legitimate.

If they state that the order is fulfilled by amazon, then you should be good. If it's a 3rd party store then you might need to do some research on the seller to see if they are legitimate.
Thank you Wallace. I was just concerned over the disparity in the pricing. I believe in the old adage that "you gets what you pays for". I know Buck prices are generally higher than other vendors, but I've bought from Buck in the past mainly to avoid warranty problems, and for peace of mind. The Amazon vendor is indeed Buck. When I click on the Buck link on the Amazon page I am redirected to the Buck website, so it all seems kosher. I live in Australia so shipping an item back for a claim is problematic.
Regards,
Colin.

Back