Knock-Off, Counterfeit, Fake Bucks & The Americans Who Sell Them

Garret Wade is using the Buck name to sell a folding hunting knife.

The link has the price so I don’t want to deal spot. But it’s easy to find.

I can't find it. I find:

"Lock Back Hunting Knife

Based on a classic American knife style, created in 1963, for hunters who wanted to combine the attributes of a sturdy fixed-blade knife with the compactness of a folding knife.
Some of its classic features include brass bolsters, four brass pins, an ebony handle, and a stiff locking mechanism. The sharp 3-3/4" long blade is 7/8" wide at the base; knife is 8-3/4" long when open. Imported. Add the USA made full-sized knife sheath to your order for an ideal pair. These two items are a perfect match."

Maybe they changed the text.

Ed: lower down, they possibly sin:'
"Garrett Wade Buck Hunter Knife"

"You are violating the law , specifically the Trade-marks Act, by using the Buck name to sell your knock-off. unless Buck has licensed this use. They will know when informed in minutes."
'

Emailed picture and video to Buck.

Last edited:
Yep that’s what I saw. Thanks for following through with it. I Figured they’d see it here. Buck is very active on this forum. But direct communication is probably better.

This is how it showed up on a google search page. Search was for Buck 110.

Last edited:
Ok .... fake or not
I think fake
Sent to buck counterfeit email
If fake will post name of ebay seller

Attachments

• 9F542722-DA49-4A76-A76C-5745F41208B1.jpeg
    9F542722-DA49-4A76-A76C-5745F41208B1.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 940BB31E-DEE2-410F-90C1-D4541058CF04.jpeg
    940BB31E-DEE2-410F-90C1-D4541058CF04.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 41
112 Counterfit on ebay, seller out of Cincinnati, OH. He has sold a few fake 110's and 112's if you look at past auctions.
He has modified his pictures to no longer show the sheath snap or box. Dead giveaways. Sneaky but there are other clues. Link reported to Buck.
Has an "honest seller" review...if the buyer only knew.

112.fake.jpg

Funny thing about the Garrett Wade knife... you can buy a real Buck 110 at a "big box" store for less... how do they make a sale???
I do not see the word BUCK used anywhere. I have to say that I do like the looks of the "made in USA" sheath they offer with it but gets too pricy when you add shipping.

Last edited:
112 Counterfit on ebay, seller out of Cincinnati, OH. He has sold a few fake 110's and 112's if you look at past auctions.
He has modified his pictures to no longer show the sheath snap or box. Dead giveaways. Sneaky but there are other clues. Link reported to Buck.
Has an "honest seller" review...if the buyer only knew.

View attachment 1390556
Is that 112 actually a fake or an aftermarket auto?

**Update 9/26/2020** Tony from Buck states these are not fakes and are imported knives exclusively made for Academy stores (for now). Academy has not listed these knives yet on the website. I notified the seller.**

Anyone seen these two 2020 date code Buck Knives before? Listed as models 252 and 0259. Someone on the bay has them listed. I did reach out to the seller, so if they are not legit, they will probably take the auctions down. I also sent screen captures to counterfeit@buckknives.com.
upload_2020-9-24_21-19-34.png

upload_2020-9-24_21-11-33.png

Last edited:
Anyone seen these two 2020 date code Buck Knives before? Listed as models 252 and 0259. Someone on the bay has them listed. I did reach out to the seller, so if they are not legit, they will probably take the auctions down. I also sent screen captures to counterfeit@buckknives.com.
View attachment 1425399

View attachment 1425393

Seller responded that they bought from a 3rd party seller, had no idea they were fake, and will take the auctions down.
One word, China......

Deleted due to bad taste and bad info

Last edited:
Clarifying statement. My impression was Buck was moving away from China.

I was hoping for a reduction in China made product not new models.

Clarifying statement. My impression was Buck was moving away from China.

I was hoping for a reduction in China made product not new models.
Sad thing is this is one I might have bought if it was made in the USA. I choose not to buy any of the China made Bucks. I am glad that there is plenty of USA made Bucks to choose from.
upload_2020-9-24_21-19-34-png.1425399

Back