Knock-Off, Counterfeit, Fake Bucks & The Americans Who Sell Them

My thoughts exactly. It looks like they are producing exact knock offs or they are just using photos of a real Buck as bait and you will get an unmarked counterfeit shipped to you from COMMUNSIT china.
Their knockoffs are not that good, they're getting closer as time goes on but they're not there yet.
Here they are just using pictures of the real deal, and if you even receive anything it will very obviously not be a real Buck 110.

I'm not Plumb but I think it's very important to publicly identify the fakes. Not only is someone getting hosed, but a bad fake tarnishes the reputation of the legitimate manufacturer. For example imagine buying this "Buck", realizing that it's a piece of crap, and then proceed to say so every time someone asks your opinion about Buck Knives. Many, many people consider the Buck Vanguard to be the very best deer hunting knife made... but yours (fake) would have been crap.

I'm also a cynic in that I think most of the vendors know exactly what they're selling. Maybe not the guy in Nebraska selling his used pocket knife with a feedback score of 30, but definitely the guy buying in bulk and running a side business on an auction site; he didn't accidentally buy 100 US-made knives from China.
-StaTiK-
Me and my buddy were just talking about this. We never bought a Buck because every 110 knock off we have seen had made us think they weren’t worth the dinero. I recently purchased the cheapest version of the 110 and 112 from blade hq because I was sending my Benchmade in and I absolutely love them! I showed them to him and he was surprised as I was.

Consumer Alert:

Unauthorized sellers on Amazon and eBay are selling and shipping counterfeit goods. Models 124, 120 and 192 have made their way to our warranty department and have been verified to be fakes.

Sellers to avoid are:

• UNEKA GROUP, LLC
  • AJ Merchant
  • LTSQAEnterprises
  • North American Knife
  • Green Line!

The best way to ensure that you are receiving authentic Buck products is to purchase from authorized Buck retailers. Buck Knives Authorized is the only authorized reseller on marketplace sites such as Amazon, eBay and Walmart.com. Authorized resellers are searchable on Buck’s website under the ‘Find a Dealer’ tab at https://www.buckknives.com/dealer-locator/. Counterfeit knives are not covered under any warranty. Buck Knives will not repair or replace any counterfeit knives sent in for warranty or exchange.

Back in Feb, I bought a 124 from Amazon. Thought I had bought from Amazon directly, but had ordered from Seller DESIRE SHOPE.

It looked as bad as the one above, and stank of machine oil. Complained and got a refund - no problems, but the seller is still there.

Learned my lesson and bought from Buck directly.

Back in Feb, I bought a 124 from Amazon. Thought I had bought from Amazon directly, but had ordered from Seller DESIRE SHOPE.

It looked as bad as the one above, and stank of machine oil. Complained and got a refund - no problems, but the seller is still there.

Learned my lesson and bought from Buck directly.
We just got one in to our warranty department, they are bad. The customer had sent it in upset with quality concerns. I got with Tony and wanted to give everyone fair warning we are seeing an increase in fake Buck Knives.

Yes, I reported it. Quote from seller in Costa Mesa CA.
This is a reproduction however it is a great knife. Has pocket clip and every bit as good as my genuine Buck.
Solid mechanism, tight construction, good steel. You won’t be disappointed.

Fake Buck ebay.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I reported it. Quote from seller in Costa Mesa CA.
This is a reproduction however it is a great knife. Has pocket clip and every bit as good as my genuine Buck.
Solid mechanism, tight construction, good steel. You won’t be disappointed.
Would like to see Buck get some compensation for the wrongful use of their name!

I have been searching for a Buck 632 Mesa or 622 Endeavor. I found an auction this morning for a brand new in the box 622 with a buy it now for $49.99 with $5 shipping. Something just doesn’t look right, so I start investigating. The knife does not have a partially serrated blade like all of the 622s I have seen. The date stamp says it was made in 2012. What are the odds that a seller has acquired 11 brand new eleven-year-old knives? I look at the seller’s past auctions and not only have they been fortunate enough to find these 11 brand new knives, they have sold approximately 25 brand new eleven-year-old knives over the past few months. They have sold 5 knives just this morning. The handle looks like it is too close to the blade stamp. In comparing this 622 to others I have seen, it looks like the blade grind does not extend far enough up the blade. On real 622s, the grind stops just below the Buck logo on the blade. The jimping looks really bad. I don’t think Buck would ever let this leave the factory. I also have never seen a Buck knife wrapped in a plastic bag inside a box. What are your opinions? Real or counterfeit?

52887374315_044209f40f_o.jpg

52887435403_e53fba9a3d_o.jpg

52887435398_0c1731b46a_o.jpg

52887157204_60b73c2e31_o.jpg

Last edited:
I have been searching for a Buck 632 Mesa or 622 Endeavor. I found an auction this morning for a brand new in the box 622 with a buy it now for $49.99 with $5 shipping. Something just doesn’t look right, so I start investigating. The knife does not have a partially serrated blade like all of the 622s I have seen. The date stamp says it was made in 2014. What are the odds that a seller has acquired 11 brand new nine-year-old knives? I look at the seller’s past auctions and not only have they been fortunate enough to find these 11 brand new knives, they have sold approximately 25 brand new nine-year-old knives over the past few months. They have sold 5 knives just this morning. The handle looks like it is too close to the blade stamp. In comparing this 622 to others I have seen, it looks like the blade grind does not extend far enough up the blade. On real 622s, the grind stops just below the Buck logo on the blade. The jimping looks really bad. I don’t think Buck would ever let this leave the factory. I also have never seen a Buck knife wrapped in a plastic bag inside a box. What are your opinions? Real or counterfeit?

Any chance you can get a picture of the box with SKU tag on it?

The photos I provided are directly from the auction. The seller (majorgooner) did not provide a photo of the end of the box with the SKU. I just requested a photo. I will post it if the seller takes one.

I messaged the seller requesting a photo of the end of the box so I could check the model number and UPC. He stated “I have attempted to get in contact with my original source and shipper of this product and have no received a response, my recommendation is for you to pass on my item unless I can get an update or confirmation regarding the UPC code. I have sold the 622 and 632 with both being similar and would recommend you bid on one of these knives instead:” The seller then provided links to four auctions that were not his own auctions selling legitimate 622s and 632s. I may be reading too much into his statement, but I think they know they are selling counterfeit knives.

I have been searching for a Buck 632 Mesa or 622 Endeavor. I found an auction this morning for a brand new in the box 622 with a buy it now for $49.99 with $5 shipping. Something just doesn’t look right, so I start investigating. The knife does not have a partially serrated blade like all of the 622s I have seen. The date stamp says it was made in 2014. What are the odds that a seller has acquired 11 brand new nine-year-old knives? I look at the seller’s past auctions and not only have they been fortunate enough to find these 11 brand new knives, they have sold approximately 25 brand new nine-year-old knives over the past few months. They have sold 5 knives just this morning. The handle looks like it is too close to the blade stamp. In comparing this 622 to others I have seen, it looks like the blade grind does not extend far enough up the blade. On real 622s, the grind stops just below the Buck logo on the blade. The jimping looks really bad. I don’t think Buck would ever let this leave the factory. I also have never seen a Buck knife wrapped in a plastic bag inside a box. What are your opinions? Real or counterfeit?

it's probably a fake, scales dont look like the plastic pattern Buck used on them..but maybe its just the pic throwing me off?

but I always like the Mesa and 622. always kinda wished Buck had made some plain edge 622s.....or would bring this model back.....

I messaged the seller of the 622s again. I stated “The Buck date stamp on the knives you are selling says the knives were made in 2012. How are you acquiring new in the box 11-year-old knives? Buck did not produce the model 622 until 2013. Also, the Buck dealer catalogs for when the 622 was produced (2013-2016) only list the blade as serrated. The 622 knives you are selling have a straight edge with no serrations. Any chance the knives you are selling are counterfeit? I want a 622, but do not want a counterfeit product. Are these true, made in the USA, Buck knives?” The seller, who changed his name to flowactionproducts, replied “I had an audit 2 years ago by eBay when I did high volume to verify where I got the items and that they were not stolen ect, I provided my invoices and the ones for this same product from my vendor were apart of that, no issues came up. I did this again around the same time last year with no issues. I've sold over a hundred of the same item and have had not one negative feedback but maybe people buy it not caring, I honestly don't know and did not get a response to the email I sent. I offer free returns but eBay money back guarantee would allow returns regardless. I would just recommend getting something more like what you mentioned even if it's used like this one:”

Someone on the Buck Facebook group posted a photo of the exact knife in the auction that he bought for $45 from his friend who probably bought it from this guy on eBay. Other group members stated that they had the same knife (622 without serrations). One even stated “I have 3-4 of them. Then I started using them. You’ll need to get up on your sharpening skills. Dull up in no time.” That really bothered me. People are purchasing these counterfeit knives believing they are real Buck knives. When they “dull up in no time” they begin to think that Buck knives are not high quality. Any way you can shut this guy down on eBay Buck Knives Inc. Buck Knives Inc. ? I realize this is a game of whack a mole like you stated, but if this guy has sold "over a hundred" of these knives, that is a pretty big operation that in my opinion should not be allowed to sully the Buck name with cheap, inferior products.

Back