Knock-Off, Counterfeit, Fake Bucks & The Americans Who Sell Them

This is so bad!

can you tell me what to think here, because I certainly don't know what to make of this one.
It's clearly an unfinished knife, but that's all I got.

The makings kind of look like somebody used a stencil to cut them in with a rotary tool ?

can you tell me what to think here, because I certainly don't know what to make of this one.
It's clearly an unfinished knife, but that's all I got.

The makings kind of look like somebody used a stencil to cut them in with a rotary tool ?
It does look to be an unfinished 401 Kalinga. The tabs on the rosewood inlay still appear to be there from when it is cut out of CNC,

This isn't exactly a counterfeit...etc, just a cheap copycat but I thought the name was hilarious.

I present to you the Rothco " Ramster ".

I can only assume the name has something to do with the fact that you're getting rammed when you spend $60 of your hard earned money on this $15 piece of crap.

The fake 622s are back again on the auction site. Interesting how sellers are still able to find brand new in the box knives made in 2012. Also interesting that Buck did not release the 622 until 2013. The all black version does look pretty nice. I reported them so we will see if the auction site takes them down. The seller also sells bootleg DVDs, but is still a Top Rated Plus seller.

53022858864_532fd3b9b6_b.jpg

53022687216_506918f4d7_b.jpg

Buck Knives Inc. Buck Knives Inc. FYI: This looks a little to good to be true. Also steeling the info from B-HQ. If I click on the Buck logo in the upper left, it takes me to a page that has Buck pictures intermixed with stuff taken from B-HQ's site.

gDBxoCT.jpg

Buck Knives Inc. Buck Knives Inc. FYI: This looks a little to good to be true. Also steeling the info from B-HQ. If I click on the Buck logo in the upper left, it takes me to a page that has Buck pictures intermixed with stuff taken from B-HQ's site.

gDBxoCT.jpg
This is a SCAM we have been working on getting this and a couple other sites offline. If you look closely at the web address it is not right. They are just pulling photos from the WEB.

gDBxoCT.jpg

Stealing photos for commercial use is fundamentally the same as faking a knife, logo, etc. So if you see a Blade HQ photo not used by Blade HQ, I suggest to move on.

Last edited:
^^^^^

B&H is a separate company from Blade HQ.

Buck Knives Inc. Buck Knives Inc. This one (l'ebay) looks to be either a fairly well-done impersonation or a special edition I am not familiar with. Odd blade profile/grind, brass pivot, angles on bolsters, unusual sheath, fit and finish not quite right either.

s-l1600.jpg

Buck Knives Inc. Buck Knives Inc. This one (l'ebay) looks to be either a fairly well-done impersonation or a special edition I am not familiar with. Odd blade profile/grind, brass pivot, angles on bolsters, unusual sheath, fit and finish not quite right either.

View attachment 2270381
I'm used to seeing a 2013 date code on the fakes, but otherwise this is definitely one of the commonly available fakes .
They're getting closer to the real deal, but thankfully they're still not there and probably never will be because they don't really have to be.
The 110 is so iconic that a ton of people are just familiar enough with it to be fooled by a general approximation with the Buck name on it.

Was perusing the big auction site (not that I’m in the market these days — I just like to look), and noticed a Buck fixed blade with no tang stamp. I sent a message to the seller with my suspicion that it was a counterfeit and he replied pretty quickly with a thanks, because I confirmed his suspicions. If I were him and I was suspicious, I never would have advertised it as a Buck, but that’s just me. I got the impression from his reply to me that he was going to do the right thing, though.

I just noticed this "Buck 192" on the auction site. The dead giveaway to me that it was counterfeit was the knife was wrapped in plastic. While I am not an expert, I have bought a few knives direct from Buck and none of them were wrapped in plastic. There are also several tell tale signs that it is fake like white thread on the sheath, Buck not on the sheath snap, the tang stamp being a different font and not in the right place, the blade grind being off, the choil area being different, the guard being thicker and not rounded off on the edges, and the pommel has all kinds of issues. The blade also looks a little short.
53470646678_6d96b67012_o.jpg
53470820929_ed38c88ded_o.jpg
53470927005_a0b5a6de05_o.jpg
53469602912_622fe99383_o.jpg

That's an interesting one, not the knife itself which is very clearly a cheap knockoff but the fact that the Chinese factories seem to have started copying that particular box.
That's one they introduced a few years back for special runs and stuff right ?

Back