Kukris?

Bought my first khukuri from Himalayan Imports and fell in love with my GS. Hand forged, great all arounder, this was before it got its working patina
Z2knpoA.jpg

I use PB also. Just click "links". Then click on the direct link. That link can be pasted in your message here by clicking on the small picture icon in the message editor here on BF. There should be a thread on this somewhere, but it's simple once you figure it out. Good luck.
Thanks I think you have to be a basic member correct?

Just beware of the dreaded Himalayan Imports khukuri virus. Once it strikes it rarely goes into remission and leaves its victims with an insatiable desire to chop great big things into many tiny bits. The only known therapeutic relief can be quite expensive and involves the endless accumulation of banana shapes knives from around the globe.

n2s

Off topic but do I have to pay to do attachments like CubeLW did if not can I have help I've searched how but cant find away

No you don't have to pay. I made an imgur account and uploaded my pictures to it. After uploading, click on the link name and then click BBC code. Copy the link then paste here.

No you don't have to pay. I made an imgur account and uploaded my pictures to it. After uploading, click on the link name and then click BBC code. Copy the link then paste here.
I'm sorry I'm still new bbc code?

Thanks I think you have to be a basic member correct?

No, you don't have to be a paying member. Load some pics into Photo Bucket and try posting pics using the "direct link" from PB. You paste it into a pop up box which appears after you click the image icon (looks like a window with a tree in it) in the message editor here. Fiddle with it for a while and you should figure it out.

It's a toss up between the Kukri and a Spyderco Police that kindled my obsession. The Kukri came first. I fell in love with the style of blade and at 15 bought one for me and one for my dad. We had fun boonie stomping the jungles of Guam. The kukris made short work of any foliage and banana trees. Opened many coconuts with mine too.

Use mine in winter for cleaning down tree branches. Makes short work of heavy stuff. Also use a Machete for the same - also good. Would like to get(/try) a fiddleback 12"one too :) Joe

I wanted to long to get a mini Kukri from Cold Steel. I was disappointed for years when they discontinued them. However I found one new in box on eBay for buy it now. It was at the Army Navy store in Seattle. Skipped eBay and swooped in there and grabbed it. :D

I've emailed and tweeted Cold Steel asking if they would make a sprint run of their SanMai III Kukri with a more traditional wooden grip. They always replay that they have no plans to. Maybe if a bunch of us show great interest they might reconsider.

I own a few HI blades, they are top notch. Here are some Pics.
HIbvcak_zps2e662581.jpg

2013-12-11151503_zpsaa7c6136.jpg

2013-12-12043508_zps0bfec764.jpg

muralikamibonecutterkukri_zpsd2acd54f.jpg

2014-07-11154805_zps62f053d4.jpg

it would help to know what you intend to do with it so we can make a better reccomendation.

I've used a Himalayan Imports "villager" kukuri for yardwork forever (like 10 years). Never clean or sharpen it, tough as nails

To use em for yard work like trees and when clearing stuff at hunting camp

i recommend a KLVUK, it is a good all around knife.
go to himalayan imports section on blade forums here, and find Yangdu, she is the owner of Himalayan imports, and write her a email telling her that you want a KLVUK, they are $68, plus 12 shipping.

Back