KW Exclusive Military CF/Ti S90V + CQI Improvements

It was a long time ago and my memory may not be serving me well but as far as I can remember it felt light to me and I got the Steel Will Apostate instead but now that I look at it I might give it another try.

I really like mine although the clip needs to be bent out a bit.

The R.I.L on the Military gives it a solid more substantial feeling. I always had a problem with how IMO the Military felt cheap because it was so light. The R.I.L. also makes it feel as though it is a stronger knife.
I had the same problem with the Lionsteel Kur, It felt so light that it felt cheap. I have the Millie in R.I.L. and I love and I never use the S30V knife.
The R.I.L makes it feel like a large Domino. If you like the Domino you will like the Millie.

The thing is, I prefer the lighter feel (not by much on paper) of the liner lock Military. Suits me better for my activities. I like the feel of solid G10 on both sides of the knife.

When I said that I don't know how I feel about the R.I.L. on the military, I meant specifically on this knife. It's a preference thing.

My next Military will be a liner lock, unless something completely different comes out.

I have one Military (206P), and badly want another. Although I thought about getting this one several times, I talked myself out of it. Part of it is that I am not sure how I feel about R.I.L. on a Military.
do it, you'll love it!
I'm still waiting for a tip up Military update.
yes same!
This one has not sold out because, as some of you already noted,
- Military is too big for many people,
- Tip down only,
- s90v steel is not preferred by as many people as m390,
- $280 is a high price, even $230 is not cheap

That being said, the framelock on Military has no problem whatsoever. I have/had plain ti milllie, fluted ti millie, and this s90v ti/cf millie. All with solid lockup and dead centered.
agreed plus all the other available sprints.

The thing is, I prefer the lighter feel (not by much on paper) of the liner lock Military. Suits me better for my activities. I like the feel of solid G10 on both sides of the knife.

When I said that I don't know how I feel about the R.I.L. on the military, I meant specifically on this knife. It's a preference thing.

My next Military will be a liner lock, unless something completely different comes out.
your missing out man. I've got both and like them both but the ril is the sebenza of the spyderco lineup.

On sale again? How many times does this make?

Seems they would take a hint and make the sale price the regular price:rolleyes:

Just guessing here but out of the initial 1200 they probably still have a large amount in stock.

I just ordered two more since they were on sale.

IMO , it's hard to beat the Ti/CF combo. And the S90V is the icing on the cake. Fantastic exclusive.

This is definitely one to get while the getting is good.

I was pretty smitten with green G10/204p Military last year. So I didn't really give the S90V/CF/Ti Military a fair shake unti just recently (since I got them both around the same time last year). And I have to agree with others who have said that this Military is the "ultimate" Military. It's gorgeous and it's a beast.

Reactions: Mo2
Spyderco does S90V so very well. And to me the balance of this knife and its predecessor is perfect. The full Ti version is too heavy, and I find the G10 and CF liner locks a little light in the hand. This, for me, is almost the perfect folder, at least where size is not an important factor. And this time of year up here I really appreciate how usable it is with gloves or numb hands.

Spyderco does S90V so very well. And to me the balance of this knife and its predecessor is perfect. The full Ti version is too heavy, and I find the G10 and CF liner locks a little light in the hand. This, for me, is almost the perfect folder, at least where size is not an important factor. And this time of year up here I really appreciate how usable it is with gloves or numb hands.

That's what I love most about the Millie. You can use it so easily with work gloves on. No fumbling, no bumbling around.

I carry most of my folders in my back pocket. The Military seems to sit perfect there.

But I was wondering if anyone carries their bigger folders (like the Military) in a sheath on your belt (?)

I might like to try a horizontal sheath for my Militaries.

Wolverine666 Wolverine666

I have thought of making a leather sheath for my millies. I dont know if I would take the clip off of it or not. I have seen plenty of sheathes that were wet molded to accomodate the clip.

Wolverine666 Wolverine666

I have thought of making a leather sheath for my millies. I dont know if I would take the clip off of it or not. I have seen plenty of sheathes that were wet molded to accomodate the clip.
I'm not a fan of clips at all. So I remove them from all of my knives.

I'd like a nylon/cordura type sheath that carries hatizontal with Velcro closure. But with the Military being 5.5" long , it's hard to find that big a sheath. I've been looking.

I carry most of my folders in my back pocket. The Military seems to sit perfect there.

But I was wondering if anyone carries their bigger folders (like the Military) in a sheath on your belt (?)

I might like to try a horizontal sheath for my Militaries.

Back left pocket for mine. Feels like a match made in heaven.

Agree, outboard side of left rear. Perfect.

Back