• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad lamanian is no good to deal with

You can’t ship ammunition through a UPS store. It has to be shipped from a UPS hub

I've been working with Boru13 Boru13 to track down information about the seller, "lamanian" aka Benjamin Root, in the event that the items which have been paid for are not received by those members who have sent money to him.

I'm hoping he's just the world's worst communicator and will actually fulfill his obligations to the members here. Then we can all move on.

In case he doesn't, here is information we were able to find online which can be used in furtherance of any claims which need to be filed with PayPal, banks, credit card companies, police etc.

Phone Numbers​

for Benjamin Root in Dayton, OH​

(513) 867-8473 (Primary Phone)
LandlineCincinnati Bell Telephone Company LLCFirst reported August 2010

Benjamin Root.png

I've been working with Boru13 Boru13 to track down information about the seller, "lamanian" aka Benjamin Root, in the event that the items which have been paid for are not received by those members who have sent money to him.

I'm hoping he's just the world's worst communicator and will actually fulfill his obligations to the members here. Then we can all move on.

In case he doesn't, here is information we were able to find online which can be used in furtherance of any claims which need to be filed with PayPal, banks, credit card companies, police etc.

Phone Numbers​

for Benjamin Root in Dayton, OH​

(513) 867-8473 (Primary Phone)
LandlineCincinnati Bell Telephone Company LLCFirst reported August 2010

View attachment 2534119
Nicely done Blues Blues

I haven’t received what I paid for and have not received communication via email or BladeForums.

Hey Guys, Was anyone able to contact this guy? The number has been disconnected, I have messaged a number of his friends with no reply yet. I am thinking about notifying the Ohio state police in regards to this matter. Would anyone be interested in adding their name to complaint also, let me know. Thanks, Rustic59

Hey Guys, Was anyone able to contact this guy? The number has been disconnected, I have messaged a number of his friends with no reply yet. I am thinking about notifying the Ohio state police in regards to this matter. Would anyone be interested in adding their name to complaint also, let me know. Thanks, Rustic59
I’d add my name. I have tried reaching out to no avail.

Thanks, figured I would try that. Found him on FB, doesn’t answer, also been messaging his contacts, only one response, which was hasn’t seen him in years. I will keep whoever wants to be involved and contact when I find out if I have to write a formal letter or the correct way to approach this. Thanks

Thanks, figured I would try that. Found him on FB, doesn’t answer, also been messaging his contacts, only one response, which was hasn’t seen him in years. I will keep whoever wants to be involved and contact when I find out if I have to write a formal letter or the correct way to approach this. Thanks
Looks like a fraud report can be filed with Dayton PD, though I’m not sure if everyone has to do one or if multiple people can sign on to one report.

Interesting choice he made to scam people who are enthusiasts of knives and ammo. Darwinism at it's finest.

He has scammed me on the ammo as well. Have not heard from him all week. Will never use PPFF on bladeforums again.

He has scammed me on the ammo as well. Have not heard from him all week. Will never use PPFF on bladeforums again.
If a person insists on F&F payments they're immediately suspect. At best they're running around tax laws and user agreements.

I'm sorry to all who have been taken.
I hope you get some sort of positive resolution.
I have family in Ohio and they'd probably be willing to pick up the torches and pitchforks if needed ;-)

Back