Last minutes Gifts for 12/19

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
SHOP and Save $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Group A

L to r

18 inch 33 ounce Amar Singh Thapa Knife by Anil. Satisal wood handle. $80.

16.5 inch 20 ounce Foxy Folly by Ram Kumar. Horn handle. $85.

10 inch 7 ounce Kumar Karda by kumar. Satisal wood handle. $35.

10 3/4'' 8 ounce Kumar Karda by Kumar. Bamboo root handle. $38.

G4Ue0wy.jpg

Group B
L to r

18 inch 25 ounce Gelbu Special by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. $90.

18 inch 25 ounce Kumar Kobra by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. $90.

20 inch 43 ounce Ang Khola by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. $145.

pXA0r0B.jpg

Group C

L to r

18.5 inch 19 ounce Jungle Knife with no kami mark reason Lachhu forgot to mark the blade! Satisal wood handle. $55.

18 inch 23 ounce Tamang Knife by Lachhu. Satisal wood handle. $60.

15 inch 20 ounce BAS by Lachhu. Horn handle. $75.

AiAORRb.jpg

Oyster digger Knife
Blade length -- 2 7/8''
Satisal wood handle
Made by Ram Kumar
$18.
1ch38eg.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to get any or all
First come first served
Happy Holidays!

Good grief, everybody out of the water, I see a shark eating frenzy. A foxy folly for 85 bucks? On and on, these are gift priced.

Why do I find that oyster knife so attractive? Cause it's cute? Cause I don't have one? Because it's there.

ASTK for 80$....the temptations here are huge.

Ems
18.5 inch 19 ounce Jungle Knife with no kami mark reason Lachhu forgot to mark the blade! Satisal wood handle. $55.

DD

Last edited:
Good grief, everybody out of the water, I see a shark eating frenzy. A foxy folly for 85 bucks? On and on, these are gift priced.

Why do I find that oyster knife so attractive? Cause it's cute? Cause I don't have one? Because it's there.

ASTK for 80$....the temptations here are huge.

That ASTK is a steal at that price. I have a 15" version. I feel like I need an 18" but I should refrain. Wife's tires are giving her fits, so better safe than sorry until I get that checked out.

I'm with you on the oyster knife. I actually really, really hate oysters, but it looks like a cute little EDC box cutter.

I doubt its sharpened at all. Oyster knives are generally just a little pointy pry bar for getting the shells open.

I'm not fond of oysters either but I have ate them in the past. Wife won't touch them so I don't see them hardly ever.

Now the ASTK is singing to me loudly. Come on gang, grab these up before's I get in the dog house. I've been good really.
And that Foxy???? I have a couple would I be a glutton or a knife hog to have 3?

Can't resist any longer.
Email sent for:

10 inch 7 ounce Kumar Karda by kumar. Satisal wood handle. $35.

10 3/4'' 8 ounce Kumar Karda by Kumar. Bamboo root handle. $38.

18 inch 23 ounce Tamang Knife by Lachhu. Satisal wood handle. $60.

Hey I am new but I have been following the HI forum for a while, BIG Fan!!! Hey anybody can tell me more about the ASTK? I was trying to find more info but there's none on the HI website ;-)

Hey I am new but I have been following the HI forum for a while, BIG Fan!!! Hey anybody can tell me more about the ASTK? I was trying to find more info but there's none on the HI website ;-)

Welcome!

Here's a link to a bit of history about the person the knife is based upon.

The ASTK is generally a thick spined wedge of a knife. They are usually found in the 18" flavor, but I have an earlier model that measures around 15". It's a heavy knife sporting a chiruwa handle. My particular specimen is about 1/2" thick at the spine at the bolster.

Mine lives by the woodpile next to my fireplace. I use it split smaller kindling when building a fire. It's a great heavy duty knife.

THANK YOU SO MUCH Steely_Gunz for the information!!! Super helpful and that's what I am exactly looking for- a super tough heavy duty Khukuri for splitting wood!!!

EMS- 18 inch 33 ounce Amar Singh Thapa Knife by Anil. Satisal wood handle. $80.

Can't wait to see my first HI Khukuri ;-)

welcome to the club! Be careful though as one turns into 5 very quickly:)
Hahaha I have that feeling already!!! I have been following this HI forum for at least 6 months already and have been drooling over all the beautiful Khukuris. Let's see how the ASTK performs, I will post some pics once I got it ;-P

True, counting is futile and no reason to get a guilt complex over. It's all good and if one has to have an addiction, HI knives isn't a bad one to have.
I might have to count this weekend just for grins. If I end up on the kitchen floor in a fatal position sucking my thumb you'll know I'm just happy and proud.
Been cold in these parts and I've been making mountains of kindling with my Kumar CAK. Just feels more manly than a hatchet and it actually works better for me too.

Hahaha I have that feeling already!!! I have been following this HI forum for at least 6 months already and have been drooling over all the beautiful Khukuris. Let's see how the ASTK performs, I will post some pics once I got it ;-P
They are very quality knives. I’ve got 3 of them. Usually with a mat finish.

If i get to 50 i wont have time to count because i'll be too busy washing, cooking, cleaning and signing up to dating sites looking for a new wife

Naw, they just threaten to scare ya. Read up on the history of HI and Nepal and the Gurkha's and share that with the missus.
Get her a few perhaps smaller khuk's or Hasiya's or some of the jewelry and scarves and day packs they offer.
Explain how all the money takes care of the guys that make these knives and their families including medical and even education.

If all that don't work let me know I got some good dating sites I've been checking out.

Truth be told, what worked best for me was my wife meeting Yangdu and her family. She loves them and now she's not nearly so critical of feeding my addiction.

Back