• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Last Week for Free Burl Every Friday Drawing

This will be the last week for the Free Burl Every Friday Drawings.
The thread for the drawing seems to get lost in the shuffle of things so people don't seem to be participating anymore with entries or even claiming their prizes.

I like to have contests and give aways so I will just have to figure out a new way to do it. I am open to any ideas from you guys.

The prize for the 12/3 Drawing is this block of Curly Hickory. Super Hard and Super Curly.
c001-1.jpg

Last edited:
Dan Pierson
I've got several things from you: maple burl, underground redwood burl, hard ancient redwood burl, red gum eucalyptus, willow, etc. Wouldn't object to some more :)

For those who haven't ordered: Mark has really great wood in generous sizes and excellent cuts. You'll like it. The first piece may be free ... :)

amcardon
I have purchased some beautiful red gum eucalyptus from Mark and he graciously gave me a beautiful set of some redwood burl scales. I will try to get a pic of the gum up tonight, it is really beautiful stuff!

just now heading my way black palm, bubinga, and lace wood.
always good gear.
count me in, Golden Amboyna Burl, stunning.

Silver Pilate
Well, prior to June 7th, I've purchased a passle of desert ironwood, some really nice redwood burl, and some English walnut from Mark. Always good wood (love the redwood) and fast shipping. And thanks for the red gum euc. as well!

--nathan

Los Angeles
Ah - I thought at first you were looking for a photo. I'm way away (3,000 miles away :-o ) from home at a job in Delaware, so I don't have photos of my purchases. But let me tell you something, I've bought an entire one of these full of Mark's fantastic products.
24.jpg

I've only used a few at this point. a couple of odds and ends of kitchen/barware. My future projects are seemingly endless, by the way, starting with handling a damascus coffin handle bowie for a friend who got the blank from Two Finger up in Idaho. It just might MIGHT need some of that hard-as-iron 40's redwood burl.
I've carved a couple of crude Mexican Day of the Dead skulls from his walnut, and I'm about to begin a set of mounted animal skulls that will have shield shaped mounts from bookmatched spalted maple and buckeye. Hoping that goes well.
Needless to say, I'm a big, big fan.

Kent

Fletch Helical
I've got from Mark, let's see....

Buckets of:

Maple burl
Buckeye burl (stablized and natural)
Redwood (God knows how many different types)
Spalted Maple
Eucalyptus
Claro Walnut and a bunch of other various species of walnut
Myrtlewood

I'm fairly sure there are some I'm missing but you get the idea.

Back