LB7 Bear Paw LB Survey

i am probably being way too picky but to me that is like saying a Ford is a Variant of a Lincoln.
I think you are, being too picky that is. As far as I know, the 7OT is the exact same frame and build, but with the more desirable (to some folk) carbon steel blade.
Now I could be wrong about this, since I was wrong once before. ;)

Well the Thread title is LB7 survey. Plenty 7OT threads.

Just me though but Im that guy that has a schematic for his sock drawer:D

I think you are, being too picky that is. As far as I know, the 7OT is the exact same frame and build, but with the more desirable (to some folk) carbon steel blade.

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.

You can find some 7OT knives with a SCHRADE+ Stainless blade. I can't be wrong about that.

Well the Thread title is LB7 survey. Plenty 7OT threads.

Just me though but Im that guy that has a schematic for his sock drawer:D
But, but, but, this is the most activity this thread has had in a while. I guess you're right though. :eek:

Here's a couple. I now have several of these but only 2 that are numbered

First - X1161; This one is well used as you can see and doesn't lock up well anymore - trying to figure out how I might fix that:
8f4bf1f6f45edece0c27c46f8ea3436c.jpg

And this oddball, not sure it qualifies here: AA57875. It has a LB8 stamped blade with wood handle scales. I thought all LB8s had staglon scales, so what gives?
2bf4bf0f84270e77bfe18508e41ade13.jpg

FWIW, so far I've found the Uncle Henry branded versions of these knives to be better quality.

Last edited:
that is a neat one with the LB8 on the wood handle there were LB7's with staglon handles before they decided to designate them LB8's and they would be the 4 pin variety.

Awaiting for this mail call. Schrade+ USA Heritage Series Knife. Anyone know what H070 means? What Year it's from or any other information.

I don't know if this will help, but this is what I have. I'm trying to make myself useful here :)
I believe I purchased this knife in the mid to late 1980s.

3 pins
rosewood scales
Uncle Henry
Schrade+
LB7 USA

Serial Number Y25312

Last edited:
I don't haunt the Schrade forum but I found this thread by accident while searching for something else.

My one and only LB7 has the following information:

SCHRADE+
USA LB7
4 pins in a rosewood handle
Serial # - M77080

The belt sheath is black leather.

Until I read through this thread, I didn't even realize my LB7 had a serial number. I don't know how old it is as it is second hand to me via a third party selling things for his "older" neighbor. They both live in Grove City, Ohio.

Hi zzyzzogeton --

I watched this thread for a long time

You have a 'fairly high' # for a 4-pin, close to the design or manufacturing change

Highest 4-pin # I recorded was N27722

Lowest 3-pin # I recorded was N29256

Not sure about what year that would have happened

ENJOY your LB7!!

---- Anyone have a number between those 2 I listed? 3 or 4 pins?

-- Howie

what a great excuse to look at my LB 7's. the highest 4 pin i had was O2980. it could be Q as there is a mark at where the , is found on that letter but i go with O.

Hi Delmas --

I forgot to mention the Q#s

My guess is they were put aside for replacements

Have a couple myself

-- Howie

Hi Cal --

I've been working harder than a man my age should be
Looking in on my fellow Schradeaholics as much as I can
Grabbing a Schrade goodie when I can
Getting very hard to find something good for a reasonable price
Always appreciate your knowledge contributions!!

Hi Delmas2 - Thanks for keeping the LB7 flame Burning!!

ALL - Any thoughts on the Q #'d LB7s being replacements?

My Best to ALL!!

-- Howie

not sure but i have a couple of 4 pin LB7's with no serial number and i have always considered this the replacement since they would not be subject to replacement for anything (i have gotten one for loss with no serial number).

I don't haunt the Schrade forum but I found this thread by accident while searching for something else.

My one and only LB7 has the following information:

SCHRADE+
USA LB7
4 pins in a rosewood handle
Serial # - M77080

The belt sheath is black leather.

Until I read through this thread, I didn't even realize my LB7 had a serial number. I don't know how old it is as it is second hand to me via a third party selling things for his "older" neighbor. They both live in Grove City, Ohio.

The guy I bought it from finally got back to me after asking the widow of the guy he got it from if she knew when he bought it. All she knew was that he had it "for a long time and carried it everywhere".

The well-worn condition of the belt sheath and scratches on the bolsters confirm that. Based on the walk/talk and blade condition, he didn't use it much, but it sure got carried for a loooong time.

Just picked up a schrade+ Lb7 with serial # C10015 and trying to figure out what year it's from and a value in its condition. Now to try and get the pictures to post..

Back