LB7 Bear Paw LB Survey

M67*75 (cannot make out * numeral)
4 pin
schrade +
USA LB7
maybe M67375 after seeing pics from others, the 3 is not easy to see on my knife

Last edited:
I bought this in the fall of 1978
#Q32546 3 pin
schrade+
Usa LB7
If I remember right it had a warranty against loss back then.

AX43176. - three pin
UNCLE HENRY
SCHRADE +
LB7 USA

I found it in my basement my dad bought it new I looks barely used. I have the box, sheath, and paperwork. The box says Ellenville NY

Last edited:
My latest LB7 Uncle Henry. AZ59842 Serial Number. Will clean it up later today.

B3CkW23.jpg

13bZAYY.jpg

kLX5JIE.jpg

My latest LB7 Uncle Henry. AZ59842 Serial Number. Will clean it up later today.

B3CkW23.jpg
Nice knife, but this is the first time I have ever seen serial number font like this on a Schrade knife? Looks like it was done by hand?

I have been following this thread for a while and very few show the knife numbers. I took a picture of all my serial number Schrades to show that the numbers are not even all the time. Not sure how the numbers and letters were put on the knives but often not even.

OWxDtYH.jpg

I have been following this thread for a while and very few show the knife numbers. I took a picture of all my serial number Schrades to show that the numbers are not even all the time. Not sure how the numbers and letters were put on the knives but often not even.
Unless somebody here has information on rhyme and reason of how they numbered them, that will have to be one of life's little mysteries. ;)

This thread is a wealth of info...many thanks to Codger_64. I was blessed to have a two wonderful uncles who took the time to take a fatherless boy hunting and fishing (likely due to being "pressured" by my mother's wonderful sisters, lol). Never lost my love of the outdoors and still carry knives(of their favorite make) afield as a tribute to them, although they've each long passed and I'm closing in on "trail's end". One's a Case CV carbon steel 2-blade Folding Hunter. Just acquired another favorite in trade. It's a:
3 pin
Schrade +
USA LB7
Ser. # Q28206
Dark chocolate brown sheath(could have been dyed)
From what I see here I'm guessing mid to late 80's?

Hi everyone, first post. Tried earlier but it didn't seem to work, let's see if this one works. Just got an LB7 via eBay for less then $19 including shipping and tax. It's a 4 pin, tang reads Shrade+ USA LB7, serial number is G17055. All the steel is in excellent shape, as is the wood. But the brass is a bit banged up. It had a thin strip of leather about 2.75 in. inside apparently to prevent to blade from hitting the backspring. Would anyone know if this was a factory item? I'm thinking not, but it leads to wondering if the blade edge hitting the backspring was actually a problem?
Ed

Hi everyone, first post. Tried earlier but it didn't seem to work, let's see if this one works. Just got an LB7 via eBay for less then $19 including shipping and tax. It's a 4 pin, tang reads Shrade+ USA LB7, serial number is G17055. All the steel is in excellent shape, as is the wood. But the brass is a bit banged up. It had a thin strip of leather about 2.75 in. inside apparently to prevent to blade from hitting the backspring. Would anyone know if this was a factory item? I'm thinking not, but it leads to wondering if the blade edge hitting the backspring was actually a problem?
Ed
Hi Ed, I don't recall the blade hitting the spring on Bear Paws as being a problem, at least I have never experienced it. If somebody has worn the kick down, I guess it would be possible. The kick is the part of the blade just after the sharpened edge, that juts up, and is meant to hold the edge away from the spring when closed. You can google the anatomy of a folding pocket knife to see what I'm talking about if my description wasn't clear enough.

Thanks Ballenxj, I think the previous owner was just being overly cautious. I used to renovate old knives as a kid about 60 years ago and am getting back into it after finding too many spare hours left in the day after retiring. It's always interesting holding these old items and trying to figure out what kind of life it had. As someone who carried a 110 on my belt for over 30 years and going through 2 cases, it's the sheath on this item I can't quite figure. Appears to be original, one can tell by the patterns worn in the leather exactly how the previous owner kept it in the case. And the leather is banged up and has seen a lot of experience, but I can tell that the sheath was never carried on a belt until I placed it on the belt I'm wearing now. Looks like the knife was kept in the sheath but then they were carried around in a glove box, back pack, tackle box.....not sure what but I had to stretch the leather out to put it on my belt.

Another quick LB7 question. What is the difference between the 3 and 4 pin models? I've ordered Mr. Clemente's book but the check went in the mail yesterday so I thought I'd be impatient and ask. I'm guessing it's a matter of one being released first.
I love this knife. I bought my 110 in '69 because I loved the look of the wood and brass and Schrade didn't make anything like it. There was an Uncle Henry I looked at but didn't like the Staglon handles. But as much as I'm attached to the old 110, it's in storage somewhere in the house, it just wasn't a "great" knife. The blade developed a slight wobble after only 3 or 4 years. I'm someone who was a blue collar worker and my knife was a tool I used daily. But this LB7 really feels like a solid tool that will last forever and never develop that wobble unless abused.

Back