LB7 Bear Paw LB Survey

BTW:

The #O66542 serial number, MIGHT be #Q66542

There is a small ding right on top of the first letter, sorry 'bout that.

Steve

UNCLE HENRY in Script
SCHRADE+
LB7 USA
Ser# AW35023

Dark Brown or black sheath
Also has a white box with gold script letters. Have never opened it so I dont know about papers and what not.
Knife has been handed down to me and has been well used and currently has a missing bar spring. Any help on fixing would be GREAT!!!

Last edited:
I got from a friend around 1979-80. No box or sheath.

Dark brown wood scales.
4 pin
Schrade +
USA LB7
# L21132

Mike

just thought i would include a photo of my collection of LB 7's. they range from 21713 (the farthest to the left) to AW20136 (the farthest to the right). the last 4 pin i have is M77528.

Attachments

• LB 7 collection 02 resized.jpg
    LB 7 collection 02 resized.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 32
Chris in Tempe thank you your loss my gain
Schrade+
USA LB7
SN V30634
Condition Really good shape got it today from ChrisinTempe

Schrade+
USA LB7
SN Q62196
Not Premo bolsters are heavily nicked on bottom, but everyday dependable once i get new spring installed. Bought 2 months ago worked great for everyday use then spring broke 2 weeks ago. Yes when funds become available i will get the spring replaced They are just too good to let them die.

I actually want to buy a Cabella buck 110 Alaskan that blade material S30V with the titanium aluminum nitride coating is sure interesting.
That said I do not plan to sale the USA LB7s

I picked this up at a local thrift store today. No sheath. No box. No papers. It appears to have been never used. There is no scuffing or wear on the finish and it has a factory edge. However, it looks to have been exposed to some moisture in the sheath. There is a little staining along the edge of the blade and it had some tarnish and sheath scum on the handle. When I cleaned off the leather residue there was some pitting of the brass on the bolsters and pins.

Uncle Henry
Schrade+
LB7 USA
Ser.# AX41002
3 pin

DSCN1216.jpg

DSCN1214.jpg
DSCN1213.jpg

Close up of the bolsters shows the pitting in the brass:

DSCN1225.jpg
DSCN1226.jpg

DSCN1222.jpg
DSCN1224.jpg

Both 3 pin

Q53217
SCHRADE+
USA LB7

AX46310
Uncle Henry

SCHRADE+
USA LB7

Ok, that is just weird. I'm not a collector, but I have managed to acquire two LB7's. One is Q54452, and the other is AX41002. What are the odds of that?

Same starting digits as the ones I posted, best I can tell. :confused: That puts them in the high collect-ability status. :D

That is exactly it...thawk has two LB7's; so do I. One of his has a serial number starting with Q5...; so does one of mine. His other knife has a number starting with AX4...; mine does too.

...brothers from different mothers...

Which one of you's the purty one? :p

As we add serial #'s & descriptions we find, should we make a new post, or just edit in our original post in this thread? (I usually edit my first post here, then email Codger & let him know.)

~Chris

Saw this one go by on the auction site the other day
http://cgi.ebay.com/Schrade-LB7-Uncle-Henry-Lockback-Folding-Knife-NIB-USA-/260738330915

N29256 3-Pin
Nice White box & black sheath - no warranty replacement paperwork

That's the lowest # 3-pin in the thread so far
Highest # 4-pin N21301

Still 7,955 of some fine Schrade knives between them.

Howie
Howie, What can you tell me about my non alpha prefixed four digit, four pin LB7? (see post #139) The number is simply "7100".
Thanks in advance. :)
-Bruce

Hi Bruce

I'm still kind of new at this and I was thinking maybe a Special Order. But after again reading earlier in the thread, I'm thinking you've got LB7 #7100.

Continue to read other threads and see what else you can find. There's a wealth of info here. If you don't have the rights to search, a small fee will turn that on for you. Search really does simplify any researching you may be doing. Congrats!!

Howie

Just retrieved a bunch of camping gear, etc., that's been in storage for years, and found an LB7 (Schrade+/USA LB7) three pin, serial #U8213. Essentially mint condition except the brass is slightly discolored. It has a leather case (in near-new condition) but no box or paperwork (at least not that I've found so far).

Saluqi

Cool; nice find! Use your LB7 & enjoy it.

Also, welcome to Blade Forums. There are lots of good people here.

Back