1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Let’s see some Bark River knives!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by PastorK, Jan 30, 2020.

1. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Is that the Bobcat Hunter model?

2. Michaux111

Michaux111

Apr 28, 2015
    It's a Classic Drop Point Hunter A2 Cocobolo. Has more than a few deer under it's belt now and doesn't look as pretty but it's a great skinner.

Michaux

3. miltmaldo

miltmaldo Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2012
  4. 22-rimfire

Nov 20, 2005
    It would be awfully nice if folks that post a Bark River knife provide the model name. They have so many offerings and I am not going to take the time to figure it out.

HKGuns likes this.
  5. Moander

Moander

Feb 7, 2014
    Dakkar and Grasso Bolo I
    [​IMG]

6. Michaux111

Michaux111

Apr 28, 2015
    Nice to see others appreciate a good blade...

Michaux

jmh33 and HKGuns like this.
  7. HKGuns

HKGuns

Jan 28, 2019
    I updated my pictures with knife names.

22-rimfire likes this.
  8. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    Keep the BS comments and pictures out of discussion threads. This is NOT Whine and Cheese.

Post pics and words of what you like, if that's your opinion.
    State your dislike of the company in words and provide examples of what you do not like if that is your opinion.

9. herisson

herisson Apple slicing rocking chair dweller Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Point taken and apologies for stepping over.

10. deltablade

deltablade Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2006
    early prototypes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. 22-rimfire

Nov 20, 2005
    How far do those date back? I have one of the older Blackjacks that I think is a real nice knife.

12. panella

panella

Sep 2, 2003
    I own a Bark River "Crusader" in 3v. The design is very attractive and reminds me of my beloved Busse HOG FSH and HH FSH. It's a great, versatile performer. I had a problem with the original sheath and Bark River shipped me a new one. It took about a month, but the people who were handling CS were very nice.

Next To Busses.jpg Chopper.jpg Turned Mushrooms.jpg

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  13. deltablade

Jul 29, 2006
    around 2000

14. KnifeRep

KnifeRep

Nov 5, 2018
    Mini Canadian

[​IMG]

15. deltablade

Jul 29, 2006
    thats a nice one right there

16. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2006
    The Gameskeeper is one of my favorites.

I'm not thrilled with the A-2 steel (would prefer CPM M-4) but the feel and the ergonomics of this knife are perfect for my hand.
    ba121mbcs_bark_river_gameskeeper_black_knife.jpg

Aryan29, jmh33, QwickC and 1 other person like this.
  17. CVamberbonehead

CVamberbonehead Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2017
    Bark river makes great knives, and thats what I care about. They have never given me any trouble, and Ive used them for years. I have used their customer service once to customize a knife and they went above and beyond for me. I like the convex grinds and handle materials, as well as the quality. Personally, I have zero qualms about BRK (or Blackjack or whatever).
    As far as controversy goes, I could care less. Mike Stewart employs Americans and is a fair employer. Nike, Apple, and a million other companies employ what is essentially modern slave labor to make their stuff but yet no one cares. He might rub people the wrong way, but in the grand scheme of things hes a lot better than most.
    Anyway the thread doesnt need more arguing about Mike Stewart, it needs more sharp and pointy! :DOnce I figure out how to put photos up, I will add more sharp and pointy, but the site keeps telling me that photos exceed maximum posting size or something. :confused:

HKGuns, Mako109 and JD Bear like this.
  18. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Real NICE BRKs being posted!!:D I have a TrailMate in A2 which I like ALOT.. Nice and handy!! Wish I could afford more BRKs..:(
    John

19. QwickC

QwickC

Oct 29, 2014
    Bark River Quartermaster 3V, Gunny scandi 3v, Canoe Cru-wear 20200111_112543_copy_600x800.jpg

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  20. QwickC

QwickC

Oct 29, 2014
    I have 2 Gameskeeper and love the knife for hunting etc, would love to see an LT version. I just picked up Huntsman which is just as stout but little smaller.

Ben Dover and jmh33 like this.