1. Our COVID-19 response can be found here

Let's get the next build rolling

Discussion in 'Redmeadow Knives & T.Knotts Knives' started by Redmeadow Knives, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010

The snagging process is pretty informal around here. With this one I'll put a sales thread up when the sheath is done if theres no takers beforehand. It'll be under three bills if that helps.

jlauffer likes this.
  2. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Thanks John. Will pass on this one, but may have my eye on one of the others in post 157:). Gotta get me some cowbell!:thumbsup:

Redmeadow Knives likes this.
  3. Pinemoon

Pinemoon Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2005
  4. Melvin-Purvis

Melvin-Purvis Not a Registered User Staff Member Super Mod

Jan 14, 2001
    Progreso? Sopas...

1.jpg

5. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    I completed the sheath, stitching came out perfect, the dye looked just right, really was a rich looking sheath until I wet formed it and realized that I screwed the pooch and had too much back and forth play with the blade. It was probably acceptable but that coupled with the fact that the sheath seemed bulky and overbuilt made me scrap the entire thing. A LOT of work down the drain but you gotta do what you gotta do. I'be got another design drawn up and cut out with a much slimmer design that I think is going to work out well. I'll keep you posted, I hope everyone is having a good start to the Christmas Season.

Rupestris and Scott Hanson like this.
  6. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    ^Poor pooch... :eek: ;) :p

Mack and Redmeadow Knives like this.
  7. Melvin-Purvis

Jan 14, 2001
    Save that sheath; someday, you'll be glad you did! It'll hang there, lonely, partnered with others, blades too, misfits all - then one day, the clouds will part, the angels will sing, and all the discarded parts will come together as one, or three, much like an ancient Greek computer recovered from the seafloor after eons, and you'll know, you'll see.

29comput650.jpg

8. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Woof Woof!
    [​IMG]

T.Knotts, Mack and Melvin-Purvis like this.
  9. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Touché... :D :thumbsup:

10. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    Been there, done that.:D

11. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    Funny you mention that Sheldon, I have a few scab knives and a few screwed up sheaths sitting in a drawer in my shop for the very same reason. One of the first sheaths I made I laid the template on the leather upside down, cut it all out tooled it, glues it and was about to start sewing it and then finally realized it was a left hand sheath. I kept that one hanging in my shop for quite a while and makes all of my sheath template this side up.lol

Pinemoon, Melvin-Purvis and T.Knotts like this.
  12. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    20191222_185057-01.jpeg

13. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Fantastic, John!

How are you liking your round knife?? Looks great!

14. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    In hindsight, it's the first tool I should have bought/made when I started leather work. Push cutting leather is a much smoother process. It's the scariest damn knife design I've ever made though. Dealing with a normal knife is one thing, when you have two tips and an edge that points 180 degrees you gotta maneuver a lot differently! They drew some blood at first, they fight your muscle memory on the grinder.

mitch4ging likes this.
  15. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    A shot of the back. I need to dye and burnish the edges and make a retention strap.
    20191222_185147-01.jpeg

Pinemoon, Mack and gunspease like this.
  16. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Got some foofy-ass coffee and smuggled some dark chocolate Hershey kisses out to the shop. Found one of my early early knives the other day, been using it around the shop.
    20191223_044635-01.jpeg

17. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
  18. Rupestris

Rupestris Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2006
    Ooooh... pretty. Some darn nice stitching and photo.

Melvin-Purvis and Mack like this.
  19. Melvin-Purvis

Jan 14, 2001
    That's really coming along nicely!

Redmeadow Knives likes this.
  20. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    I'll get some better shots with the strap attached tomorrow (it's drying from being wet formed at the moment).
    IMG_20191224_015634_251.jpg

Pinemoon and Rupestris like this.