1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Let's get the next build rolling

Discussion in 'Redmeadow Knives & T.Knotts Knives' started by lessismore, Oct 31, 2019.

1. lessismore

lessismore Redmeadow Knives Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    Yeah I need to start doing things in multiples. Way more efficient than just one at a time!

mitch4ging likes this.
  2. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    You can see where I didn't coat the handle.
    20191123_132611-01.jpeg

Scott Hanson and mitch4ging like this.
  3. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    64+ out of the quench, I'll take it. We'll temper that down to 62 or 3.

20191123_132907-01.jpeg

4. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Liking this palm.
    20191124_101219-01.jpeg

5. Rupestris

Rupestris Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2006
    How fine are you going with that palm?

I have a set of black palm chopsticks. I wasn’t sure about the finish because they’re not finished to a fine, polished look.

turns out, they’re perfect. The finish gives just the right grip and the weight is spot on for my liking.

6. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    I've got them to 400 grit right now and it's starting to get a nice chatoyance. I didn't think that would happen, especially since palm isn't actually ..... wood...?

T.Knotts and Rupestris like this.
  7. Rupestris

Mar 1, 2006
    It's wood-ish.

As long as you aren't trying to make a boat out of it. :)

T.Knotts likes this.
  8. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Lol, I guess it's what's called a "monocot"? More like bamboo, corn, or a grass than wood. Insanely dense and has a really nice orange chatoyance, looking forward to see how it finishes out.

Pinemoon, T.Knotts and Rupestris like this.
  9. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Shaped down and ready for pins. 20191126_083727-01.jpeg

10. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    T.Knotts likes this.
  11. T.Knotts

T.Knotts Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 14, 2010
    I love those liners. That is a very comfy handle.

Mack and mitch4ging like this.
  12. Pinemoon

Pinemoon Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Very pleasing to the eye :thumbsup:
    "Less is more," as they say ;)

13. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    20191130_181702-01.jpeg
    20191130_182029.jpg

14. Rupestris

Mar 1, 2006
    As they say in Da U.P. Of Michigan, "Holy Wha!".

15. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    Those are looking good, I have some AEB-L, I should make myself one.

mitch4ging and Mack like this.
  16. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Thanks Scott, I milled down some scales for these today, Blackwood, mesquite burl, and that Spalted wood. I hope they cut well because they sure will be purdy! As thin as they are they feel like lasers already, I think they'll work out well.

17. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
  18. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Mack and lessismore like this.
  19. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    The sandbar in red palm will be available soon and will come with a right or wrong handed sash style sheath. I didn't think the sandbar influence was noticeable but Shel spotted it early in the thread.

Melvin-Purvis and mitch4ging like this.
  20. Pinemoon

Pinemoon Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2005
    That's a fine looking piece.
    Unfortunately my budget is not supporting a purchase for a while :(

lessismore likes this.