Let's get the next build rolling

Discussion in 'Redmeadow Knives & T.Knotts Knives' started by Redmeadow Knives, Oct 31, 2019.

1. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Same here...will actually be selling a couple knives as I went a bit too crazy this year

Redmeadow Knives likes this.
  2. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    Not the droids you're looking for but these round knives are getting shaped up. Using one if these you instantly realize that leather is all about the push cut, holy crap.
    IMG_20191205_151834_849.jpg

trevitrace, Mack, Pinemoon and 3 others like this.
  3. jlauffer

Apr 11, 2016
    That spalted tho!:eek:. No idea what I would use it for, but I want one! Maybe a mini pendulum.:D

mitch4ging likes this.
  4. mitch4ging

mitch4ging

Jun 16, 2015
    Those look like they are just aching to be used!! Beautiful work, John. Address sent!:p

Pinemoon and T.Knotts like this.
  5. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    Mesquite
    20191206_030047-01.jpeg
    20191206_035134-01.jpeg

6. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    20191206_150542-01.jpeg 20191206_150614-01.jpeg 20191206_150440-01.jpeg 20191206_150728-01.jpeg

7. Pinemoon

Pinemoon Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Nice.
    That blade is a beauty, John.
    Are you happy with the way the distal tapered balanced the feel of the knife? Do you think it's a feature you'll incorporate regularly?
    I like the looks of a distal tapered regardless of its performance characteristics.

Anyway, very nice.
    As far as me being in the market for a new blade, I am still learning how your production schedule operates. I'd love to snatch that up, but I didn't expect you to have anything ready this fast. My last "Redmeadow ride" involved polls, drawings and an 8 month process, so sorry if I had you thinking I would be a player on this one. I didn't expect the quick turnaround. ~Don

T.Knotts likes this.
  8. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Very happy, it balances right at the etched mark and feels really nimble in hand. It won't be incorporated regularly but I'll do it when needed for balance. It does give a sleek look especially with liners.

I leave production schedules to the pros. I'm trying to improve my workflow without stifling creativity. I have over a dozen knives on the bench at the moment that will become available here first. The right knife at the right time will happen, no worries. I appreciate the participation in the thread and never have any expectations of a sale, that's not how I operate my friend.

The Sandbar is available and I'll be making a right hand sheath for it unless I hear from any lefties. I'm thinking a sash style with Sam Browne stud and retention strap. Send me a conversation or gmail me at redmeadowknives and we'll talk turkey.

mitch4ging and Pinemoon like this.
  9. Pinemoon

Pinemoon Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Very good. It sounds like sometimes you do a run of something that's been decided on, details voted on, etc, and other times you just putter away offering up the results. Good to go. Just trying to figure it out as a newbie.
    Looking forward to seeing the sheath on that Sandbar :thumbsup:

10. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Let's try this out.
    20191208_182157-01.jpeg

T.Knotts, Scott Hanson, Mack and 4 others like this.
  11. gunspease

gunspease Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2002
    That will look good with that knife.

12. Mack

Mack Expert Ultracrepidarian Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
  13. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
  14. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    o_O

Hmmm, First Redmeadow sales thread?

15. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Thanks Scott, I'm going to put a very low profile belt loop on the back just because I can't stand the thought of not having one.

T.Knotts likes this.
  16. T.Knotts

T.Knotts Moderator Moderator

May 14, 2010
    Sheath is going to look good. I like that design

17. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
  18. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    I wanted to to see how much detail I could get out of my stencil maker, I was surprised.
    20191206_035134-02.jpeg
    51DnLXJsniL._AC_UL320_.jpg

19. jlauffer

Apr 11, 2016
    Some of us may be unsure how the snagging process works here?

20. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    It worked pretty well as far as I could tell from here. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I suppose that could be it. If you want it, call "dibs", say something along the lines of, "I want that, how much?", etc. Don't be afraid to speak up.