Let's get the next build rolling

Well, there is that, and it would, but...

Related/unrelated - after my Black Palm Wood post above, I got to thinking about all the wood handled knives I've owned, numbering in the dozens, and the three Black Palm Wood variants I've owned, without naming names, were all were light and fast in the hand. Light, and fast in the hand is good. So, DIBS!!!

I'll arm rassle the Mrs., or that spunky kid from CO, or I'll tap my toes in the snow; winner takes, something...

You guys know I hate the idea of someone that watched the build miss out on a chance at having it if they were interested. When we get closer to the sheath we'll figure out a way for whoever wants it to have a shot at it. I'm thinking a simple sash style sheath for this one.

A straight razor would be cool but would require thicker steel with a deep hollow grind.

To throw my cards on the table, the steel thicknesses were ordered for head knives, skiving knives, paring knives (Redmeadow in the kitchen? Ohhh Snap), bullnoses, Camp knives (yessss, tall profile sub 7" blade), and some larger Bowies.

Yeah, 0.05" is pretty darn thin!

My wife would love a nice, small paring blade though (ooh, Christmas present?). The North Arm Trillum I got her awhile back is nice, but slightly larger than she prefers. It's a bit more than 3.5", and her preferred length for a parer is more like 2.75".

Good to know! My sketches are coming in right around 3". I made a paring knife for the Mrs. a few years ago and it disappeared off the face of the Earth. That trillium is a sweet little blade.

My wife would love a nice, small paring blade though (ooh, Christmas present?). The North Arm Trillum I got her awhile back is nice, but slightly larger than she prefers. It's a bit more than 3.5", and her preferred length for a parer is more like 2.75".

Some of these are wild, but check out this Micarta website I may grab a block to check out.

The sage burlap sounds interesting. I'm a sucker for green micarta.

A straight razor would be cool but would require thicker steel with a deep hollow grind.

DO NOT start monkeying around with deep hollow grinds. For my 401-k's sake.

I love my NA Trillium but I'd give it up in a hot second for a Redmeadow parer... with green micarta :cool:.

DO NOT start monkeying around with deep hollow grinds. For my 401-k's sake.

:cool:.
I cannot possibly agree with this more emphatically. Yeah, I love flat grinds and convex grinds on working blades but good hollow grinds cannot be beaten for a cutter that actually gets used in the real world.

Back