Let's go to the match(es)

FFgAYQT.jpg

Matches? We don't need no steenkin' matches!

(somebody had to misquote it..might as well be me)

We used to collect matchbooks when we were kids. Lots of fun, especially when we were on vacation...

You just don't see matchbooks much anymore. More's the pity..

Not so much a collection. More an accumulation that sits in a glass jar on top of the refrigerator. Used when we need to light birthday candles or such.
Snuck a couple of lighters in there. One from a bar in West Palm Beach that I don't remember. I used to travel to West Palm on business and with evenings to kill, well you know... The other my wife picked up in Paris. She went to France, I got a lighter....
G4JIBrH.jpg

Great idea:D Don't have matches to hand, or maybe none at all:eek: will root about tomorrow. But your pics reminded me of when I smoked, mainly pipe but if it were cigarettes I liked French ones: Gitanes Maís no filtre;) or these one that used to come from CCCP with long tubes, they reeked but tasted good.

iu

Great idea:D Don't have matches to hand, or maybe none at all:eek: will root about tomorrow. But your pics reminded me of when I smoked, mainly pipe but if it were cigarettes I liked French ones: Gitanes Maís no filtre;) or these one that used to come from CCCP with long tubes, they reeked but tasted good.

iu

I've had cheap Russian cigarettes with tubes, but you used to be able to get 'Imperial Russian' Sobranie cigarettes here in the 70's, which had long tubes, and tasted good. A friend of mine was once smoking one on the bus (as you could smoke on them then), but he got thrown off because the conductor thought he was smoking a joint! :D :thumbsup:

Fine box! I had forgotten those! :thumbsup:

Thank you :) I have an older one I'll try to remember to photograph tomorrow Alain :thumbsup:

Back