Lets see some Hinderer action

4HkCcvR.jpg

Looks like not many have the Bowie on the XM 18 3.5

Most seem to have the Spanto. why is that? I'm struggling to decide between those two blades.

There are a ton of Hinderer Fans that have the Bowie. The reason you do not see it as much is because they have not made them in 2 years. I don't think they plan to make them for a good bit more time either. There are still some at dealers but most are starting to run low. I think we have 4 or 5 left.

https://flic.kr/p/UoXnnG https://www.flickr.com/photos/57703464@N02/

We customized some of the Stars and Stripes in the regular Battle Black and they were very well received so we thought we would do a few with the Coppered Out ones. I love the way they turned out. We even did the liner to match!

I took my MP1 to Vermont last week along with a bunch of other knives. I didn't get in much time tinkering with them, as we spent our days working on the two small fields we're bringing back and exploring the new acreage we bought above. I did get a re-profile done on the MP1, though, as the factory edge was not great with the heel and tip only vaguely apexed and the edge grind around 23 dps.

I was glad I bought the Fine and Super-Fine diamond hones for my EdgePro as I needed to take off quite a bit of S35VN to get a nice even 20 dps edge. Went through diamond F & SF to 220, 400, and 1000 hones. Finished up with 3000 tape and the knife cuts like a laser now. This has been a favorite since I got it and now we're just in love. :D

KkJJgwf.jpg

ahhuCEY.jpg

And of course an obligatory beauty shot (pre-re-profile)...

LTwYCcW.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone looking to pick up the new "viper storm"? Apparently it fits between the half track and MP1 size wise.

Nice edge ChazzyP ChazzyP

1eea94404c985f25f0228b028cbe75f0.jpg

Thanks, marcus52AR marcus52AR . I've heard a bit about that knife, but this is the first pic I've seen. I just went over to a dealer site and checked it out. Nice weight, materials, and price. I've had 3 Italian knives, the build quality at Fox, lionSteel, and Fantoni is excellent, and I still have the first two. My wife has a beautiful little Viper front flipper that's real sweet, too.

I'll be interested to hear more about that one as I think the HalfTrack is a bit small for my hand.

I got a couple new beads last week from BF member Inspiribomb. I put the Ti bead on my Turtle and posted it over at The Official Lanyard Thread. I had one of my lamp-parts brass beads on my Dragon and really liked it, but figured I'd put the new bronze on as it's a nice complement for the brass standoffs, filler tab, and over-travel stop. I think it'll weather in nicely with time and use.

pztwyob.jpg

ZejzKPD.jpg

I've had this polished 20 dps edge on my XM18 for a while now. It took a long time to re-profile through the shoulder on the Spanto, but I'm really pleased with the way it cuts. Too bad I didn't have my diamonds back when.

cQVk0To.jpg

I took my MP1 to Vermont last week along with a bunch of other knives. I didn't get in much time tinkering with them, as we spent our days working on the two small fields we're bringing back and exploring the new acreage we bought above. I did get a re-profile done on the MP1, though, as the factory edge was not great with the heel and tip only vaguely apexed and the edge grind around 23 dps.

I was glad I bought the Fine and Super-Fine diamond hones for my EdgePro as I needed to take off quite a bit of S35VN to get a nice even 20 dps edge. Went through diamond F & SF to 220, 400, and 1000 hones. Finished up with 3000 tape and the knife cuts like a laser now. This has been a favorite since I got it and now we're just in love. :D

KkJJgwf.jpg

ahhuCEY.jpg

And of course an obligatory beauty shot (pre-re-profile)...

LTwYCcW.jpg
Damn! Impressive work. I've got all the sharpening gear, just gotta get some time to practice/learn

Back