Lets see some Hinderer action

nL4Fuyd.jpg

Can anyone tell me anything about the battle anthracite finishes? They look to be similar in looks (color) to the working finish, is that accurate? Also, how does the finish feel in your hand, tacky, smoothy, sandy (like a Sebenza)?

Also, anyone hear anything about the Slippy? :)

Can anyone tell me anything about the battle anthracite finishes? They look to be similar in looks (color) to the working finish, is that accurate? Also, how does the finish feel in your hand, tacky, smoothy, sandy (like a Sebenza)?

Also, anyone hear anything about the Slippy? :)

The Battle Anthracite is between a Working Finish and Battle Finish but it is shinier and smooth feeling in the hand. I will see if I can get a pic of them all side by side for you a little later today.

My XM24 has been on summer vacation down South with Josh at REK having it's Spanto blade re-ground to a shallow hollow grind in 600 grit finish. Actually, I guess it's more like surgery than vacation--poor thing! Anyway, Josh got the re-grind done yesterday and texted me these pics. Looks great! :D

After a fresh edge and re-assembly (and my part, too, of course) I'm looking forward to the big boy's homecoming next week.

bkS5Tpx.jpg

a6IZ1Z3.jpg

Josh just finished my knife and sent me this pic. This should be one great slicer now with the shallow hollow grind--certainly not the sharpened pry-bar it was with the Spanto. J was even able to fit his new logo up on the flat next to the presentation-side thumb stud as I'd requested. Getting this baby customized is even better than getting a new knife!

Can't wait till the hand in the picture is mine. :cool:

Y9yS8KU.jpg

Plus this closer-up shot of the logo....

vNrpWE4.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, DJC72 DJC72 ! I'd been looking at Josh's work for quite a while and was very impressed with everything I'd seen. He seemed the right guy to make my blade more to my liking, and has been great to deal with from sending me pics of various grinds and finishes to being super communicative, helpful, and patient as I worked my way through the options. He finished the blade last night, put the knife back together this morning, re-profiled the edge, and it was with USPS and on the way by mid-afternoon. I can't wait to have it in hand, post some pics of my own, and go cut some stuff. :D

Back