Lets See Some Pure Fighters

Here is one I did a little while back, turned out rather well IMO

stephan_fowler_11-16-c.jpg

Guys I am loving all the pic's and conversation. I am not a tv person so this is great when it's a cold winter day and hunting season is wrapping up. Thanks so much for everyone's posts. As to what I think a pure fighter is it is different to each of us. Sure there are guide lines my new Dave Kelly utility is sure not a fighter but it sure would work in a fight. I am enjoying seeing people's different takes on what was made primarily for combat it may be a graceful fast gorgeous loveless style or a more brutish style of blade as long as it was concieved with fighting in mind it is all good This is all for fun and I am having fun seeing the pics. So post um up.. STeven I am waiting brother I know you got um in spades.:D

Jim Hammond makes a hell of a knife;

K02108.jpg

30th_anniv.jpg

I'll dredge my little ST24 clone/homage up again because I don't have pictures of the walnut handled fighter that I sold in Gembloux. A little longer than 9 inches, but what the hey......it is about a pure as they come as far as fighter designs go:D

Attachments

• Mandt_B08_01-ww.jpg
    Mandt_B08_01-ww.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 223
damn, that's nice Joe.

I'll dredge my little ST24 clone/homage up again because I don't have pictures of the walnut handled fighter that I sold in Gembloux. A little longer than 9 inches, but what the hey......it is about a pure as they come as far as fighter designs go:D

Joe thats about as pure of a fighter as it gets. Fantastic knife please let me know when ya get one done again.

Speaking of brutish fighters here is a Brend design Merrill's Marauder made by Bobby Branton. I am pretty sure the first few where actually hand ground by Bobby he would have to interject here. Not your typical fighter but supriseingly quicker than it looks. Great grinds and a handle that feels good in the hand.

And Gods Speed to a healthy recovery to Mr. Branton after his surgery.:thumbup:

knives130.jpg

knives133.jpg

Last edited:
Joe thats about as pure of a fighter as it gets. Fantastic knife please let me know when ya get one done again.
Well, if I pass the bend test in two weeks, one of my 5 JS test knives will likely be one.
On an unrelated topic, I see that Mr. Hossom is viewing this thread. He is always a good guy to invite to a fighter party. Anyone have any of his work? More of Mssrs. Brend and McWilliams would be most welcome too. Pony up, STeven:D

Oh how I love to see images of knives. Have taken a few of my fighters and will include some of them here -- limitations by BF to 10 at at time

Andre Anderson

standard.jpg

a Dirk by Bailey Bradshaw

standard.jpg

a Spearpoint by Bob Papp

standard.jpg

Doug Casteel -- not likely that this would ever be used but it is a fighter

standard.jpg

Bob Crowder

standard.jpg

Jose de Braga

standard.jpg

Patrick Donovan

standard.jpg

Fred Carter

standard.jpg

Fritz Clauer

standard.jpg

Jim Siska

standard.jpg

JD Smith MS fighter:

P3110002.jpg

I've shown this previously but this is my best "pure" fighter:

Moran_05.jpg

Jim Treacy

and a few more

Claude Montjoy

standard.jpg

Ingmar Nordell

standard.jpg

Nick Wheeler

standard.jpg

Warren Osborne

standard.jpg

Michael Ouimette

standard.jpg

Bill Reddiux

standard.jpg

Robert Hankins

standard.jpg

Roger Hatt

standard.jpg

Schyuler Lovestrand

standard.jpg

Steve Filicietti

standard.jpg

lets keep going

WC Johnson

standard.jpg

Wolfe

standard.jpg

RW Clarke

standard.jpg

David Brodziak

standard.jpg

Mike Sakmar

orig.jpg

Karl Anderson

orig.jpg

Rodrigo Sfreedo

orig.jpg

Dan Farr Subhilt

orig.jpg

David Broadwell

orig.jpg

Shawn McIntyre

orig.jpg

Murray you are the man. I think you have a definate grasp on what a fighter is:D . thanks so much

Murray, your collection(s) truly are mind boggling. :cool:

Adding my lone Filicietti.

standard.jpg

Doug

Here is in my mind a gentleman's casual dress fighter it is not fancy enough to be a full dress:). But very clean .. Ron Gaston. I have had this for many many years one of my first customs. It badly needs leather
knives137.jpg

knives142.jpg

Jim - that JD Smith piece is just sooooo elegant.

Murray - you need to get you some fighters, you don't seem to have very many. :p That Farr subhilt is a pretty rare bird. :thumbup:

Doug - nice Filicietti.

I'll add in one of the most famous fighting knife designs of all time:

orig.jpg

Roger

Last edited:
I agree Roger here is a field grade one a local guy made for me many years ago. Bad pic but it hits like a sledgehammer and is real sharp. Would not want to be on the wrong end of it. Even though this style blade was designed as a tool no one can deny it's reputation as a fighter. I knew when I said pure fighter I was gonna get a wide range of blades and thats what I was hopeing for
knives145.jpg

Back