KILLER thread, Joe. :thumbup:
Thanks everyone! :cool:

Here are Dave's beauties.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Doug
I'm reposting the Loveless's as I thought the esteemed Mr. Ellis would identify them, for those less well versed in Loveless.
Let me try, a Hideout at the top, not sure about the second Fighter ,a Mini Wilderness and a Battle blade. :confused:

Doug

Wow, may I say that mister STeven was VERY quick in response to my question. Not only did he answer with the speed of a person who devotes all their time to an internet forum, but he answered it in a way to make me look like a jackass. Well, I'm really tired of this kind of attitude on this forum. I was stating a point of view, and if someone can't answer that in an adult manner, than that person is the jackass.

Thanks a lot,
Brook

Excellent post, Brook....way to make the thread about you!

If you don't like a certain attitude of a forum, become an active, fully participating member, and post as frequently as you can....you will become part of the fabric that makes up the community....

BUT.....to come in out of nowhere and try to step in between, say, someone like Keith Montgomery and myself, is to invite a shotgun blast of negativity....if you don't like the response you got, find a different way to phrase your words so they don't call for this negativity....or go back to lurking.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

I have just eye-balled some of the finest blades I have ever seen.
Thanks for all the pix!
Rolf

You are correct,second is an Amber Stag fighter.The Battle Knife is special as it is one of very few with the lugged guard seen on Big Bears.The Hideout is way cool with no Loveless Bolts.
Glad that you like them
Dave

Mr. Herron called this a survival knife, but I figure when knives are involved fighting and survival go pretty much hand in hand...Jay
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2277544728_57c0b5f542.jpg
    2277544728_57c0b5f542.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 349
Because of this little quarrel between some of the forum members, it raises the question: what differentiates a "fighting knife" and "a knife used for fighting"? Really, I see none.

Where do you see a quarrel? Steven was just making an accurate observation. I don't feel that there was any quarrel going on at all.

Where do you see a quarrel? Steven was just making an accurate observation. I don't feel that there was any quarrel going on at all.

That was exactly my question - what quarrel?

Anyway - big thanks to JP for this thread - some really awesome blades on display, and greedy bastid that I am, I am still hoping to see more. :thumbup:

Roger

Lotta mine are Bowie/Fighters, here's a couple straight ahead fighters.
Desert Ironwood, N/S,1075, 8 inch
DSC00573.jpg

Smooth Amber Stag, Silicon Bronze,1084/15n20, 6 3/8 inch
DSC00688jpg-1-1.jpg

John White

Last edited:
Beauties both John - what is the wood on that first one? It is stunning.

Roger

Here are a couple. The first is the recurve model in 9260 steel and ironwood, then the persian model in 1084 and amboyna burl. A whole bunch of eye candy on this thread, I love it.

Brion

Attachments

• Tomberlin_RCC01-w.jpg
    Tomberlin_RCC01-w.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 182 5x7 LSHSUSMBBNIB_1_1.jpg
    182 5x7 LSHSUSMBBNIB_1_1.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 111
Hey STeven, sorry that I am "lurking" maybe I should pay good money to be part of a forum where I can spend all my time attacking other people instead of actually doing productive things. Maybe I should take your advice and waste my day away posting and badgering other people. It's really big of you to be intimidating 18 year olds. Good for you. I really apologize to the rest of the forum members for going so off-topic. But I do not apologize to you.

-Brook

Hey STeven, sorry that I am "lurking" maybe I should pay good money to be part of a forum where I can spend all my time attacking other people instead of actually doing productive things. Maybe I should take your advice and waste my day away posting and badgering other people. It's really big of you to be intimidating 18 year olds. Good for you. I really apologize to the rest of the forum members for going so off-topic. But I do not apologize to you.

-Brook

If you are intimidated it is because of your own weakness and immaturity, and if you feel badgered, it is because you don't yet have the skills to counter this.

You are out of your league......instead of showing everyone how smart you are(not), keep reading and learning, and developing your love(hopefully) of custom knives, and maybe one day you will own some.

If you are going to play a man's game in this man's forum.....you will be treated like a man if you act like a man.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

wonder what else you would do with this little Stan Wilson?

orig.jpg

I note that some Chutes were included.

Here is a Chute newly created by Rodrigo Sfreedo

standard.jpg

and how about this San Francisco style Bradford -- they called it a Bowie but is it a dagger or what else would it be used for except defense?

by Bob Crowder

orig.jpg

Back