Lets see your CPK in Leather!

Yep, I have sheaths by Grog and Duramax is working on one for me now. Let's add @cpirtle and @Azula Gun Holsters for some leather hotness as well. Plenty of excellent options for skinning a CPK, even more than have been mentioned.

Just passed along the fact that Paul was going to have my knife to pay forward all the times I have used someone else's to get a sheath from Mashed Cat, most recently, the for the competiton chopper. Thanks again, Don!!

Last edited:
That said, let's not forget some of our resident sheath makers: duramax duramax is another good guy leather sheath maker and hopefully he will also make a few to go around, but this time for financial gains and not just for a GAW :)
Thanks for the kind words :) much appreciated ! I have a UF inbound and I’m planning on making sheaths for the UF :)
Might have to eventually give another away though :) lol !!!!

Yep, I have sheaths by Grog and Duramax is working on one for me now. Let's add @cpirtle and @Azula Gun Holsters for some leather hotness as well. Plenty of excellent options for skinning a CPK, even more than have been mentioned.

Just passed along the fact that Paul was going to have my knife to pay forward all the times I have used someone else's to get a sheath from Mashed Cat, most recently, the for the competiton chopper. Thanks again, Don!!

Very kind offer of you, allowing others to have sheaths made without sending their knife out :)
I’m still just a wee little one starting into this craft. To have a sheath by Paul long is just jumping to the head of the class. Plenty of really great leather crafters you’ve mentioned also :)

Very kind offer of you, allowing others to have sheaths made without sending their knife out :)
I’m still just a wee little one starting into this craft. To have a sheath by Paul long is just jumping to the head of the class. Plenty of really great leather crafters you’ve mentioned also :)
Hey Bill, I want one of your UF sheaths just like the EDC sheath you are making for me with all the same features, if ya' know what I mean.........

Count this as my order.

Hey Bill, I want one of your UF sheaths just like the EDC sheath you are making for me with all the same features, if ya' know what I mean.........

Count this as my order.

Thank you :) you got it. As soon as my UF lands I’ll design it up. Then I’ll pm you some pics and we’ll tune it in from there :)

^ Yup, QFT.

Everyone on here who knows me, knows that I unabashedly support Grog although he's been a total Turd-Blossom, but he's my (turd) boy ;) Even Grog readily admits that Paul Long is the Godfather to all these wannabes :p (my term of endearment but I believe that Grog had used the phrase "the rest of us mooks!" )

I'm going to steal some past photos of Paul Long made sheaths for the UFs without any permission from Mike or Tommy :D Some samples below and always remember my motto by Plato: All learning is remembering :cool:
large.jpg

large.jpg

QL82b2f.jpg

I got a couple from Paul Long too.;)

5pq3RiS.jpg

aFqxgnv.jpg

Got me a new JouFuu sheath for my Field Knives. This one has a big G brand on it! :thumbsup::D
RFZ11Vy.jpg

Shown next to my old bull leather sheath, also from Bud. They are pretty much interchangeable between the FK and FK2, although the FK2 has a little thicker handle.
iux82WK.jpg

Hey guys, a few of you took me up on the offer to get sheaths made by Paul Long while he has my UF. He has been sending me pictures of the sheaths he is working on for me and they are looking terrific. To that end, and since guys took me up on the UF offer, I wanted to extend another offer if it interests some of you. All I am offering is the ability to not have to send your knife to him as he has mine in hand.

I sent him the following knives in addition to the UF......

BC
HDFK
EDC2

If you would like a sheath made by Paul for any of these models, please PM me and I will give you his contact info. Please do this by end of business Friday the 25th. Like the UFs, I would like to send him your name before you contact him so he can be prepared for what you are calling about.

:D :D

Did you commission it as a baldric Marc? Or just let Paul have maker's prerogative?
A bit of both. The nice thing is his rig is universal, will work with just about any sheath, so I can hang all kinds of crap from it. On all the sheaths, I let him have free range on embellishments. The HDFK I did ask to leave fairly plain because I will beat that sheath up pretty good.

He is working on two UF sheaths for me now. He also did a fancy one for one of my other CPKs, but that one is just for my eyes only.

Back