Lets see your CPK in Leather!

So a work in progress lol. Between some customs I’m working on. I was toying with a sheath for the Kephart knife.

View attachment 1649244View attachment 1649245View attachment 1649246

This one is a little thinner than my usual lol. Still need to add carry and a retention strap ???? Also thinking on exposing the entire handle. Although only about a 1/4” of handle inserts into sheath now.View attachment 1649244View attachment 1649245View attachment 1649246
Very nice! :thumbsup:

Snagged this Sagewood Scout Carry FK2 sheath on the exchange recently, and added a vertical carry conversion to it .
ShShdId.jpg

LwmmMun.jpg

YpqVuM0.jpg

Last edited:
What is the purpose of the kydex at the tip?
If you're on a hike and it rains and your sheath is wet and the trail is muddy and you slip and fall you could potentially fall on your knife in such a way to run the knife through a leather sheath into yourself. I like kydex on a Kephart for this reason. I like the idea of a piece of kydex between the blade tip and me on the backside of a leather sheath.

If you're on a hike and it rains and your sheath is wet and the trail is muddy and you slip and fall you could potentially fall on your knife in such a way to run the knife through a leather sheath into yourself. I like kydex on a Kephart for this reason. I like the idea of a piece of kydex between the blade tip and me on the backside of a leather sheath.
Yup that’s basically what I was thinking 👍 Most of my leather is 10oz + weight, pretty thick stuff. Even on some of those I’ve added the kydex tip protection piece. But on the ones like this where leather is say 7-8oz weight, I put one on.

Well now their you go and now I’ve got to go buy more kydex lol !!!
😳😉😁😁

Let's face it... If klutz it up to the point you stab through your sheath into your own damn self (neck or otherwise) ...

A) Bill's sheath isn't going to be the issue; it'll be just fine; and 2) maybe you just need putting out of your misery anyway

LMAO !!! Ok thank you I needed that !!! I just spit my coffee across the room reading it !!!! Lol :)

Do you happen to know what style of sheath this was, i.e. was it for a becker or some other? I know you bought it off the exchange, but I was hoping they would have said which knife brand it was.
He said everything in his original post up there:
1) It is "Sagewood Scout Carry FK2 sheath" (at the moment you cant order it on their website, idk why)
2) He added "veritical carry conversion to it" (this cinversion is being made and sold by Sagewood Gear on their website)

He said everything in his original post up there:
1) It is "Sagewood Scout Carry FK2 sheath" (at the moment you cant order it on their website, idk why)
2) He added "veritical carry conversion to it" (this cinversion is being made and sold by Sagewood Gear on their website)
Thank you. I was asking because it looks similar to a lot of sheaths on their site and didn't know if it was a FK2 sheath or some other knife brand that was a suitable fit. Since it isn't available, that would explain why I can't find it. Thank you.

I was fortunate enough to be contacted by Bill, so he will be making a suitable knife sheath for me. So exited.....

Thank you. I was asking because it looks similar to a lot of sheaths on their site and didn't know if it was a FK2 sheath or some other knife brand that was a suitable fit. Since it isn't available, that would explain why I can't find it. Thank you.

I was fortunate enough to be contacted by Bill, so he will be making a suitable knife sheath for me. So exited.....
No prolems, always ready to help with what I can.
Sagewood Gear sheaths are awesome, love their looks and functionality. Dont really know why, maybe somebody else here knows but they have stopped posting CPK sheaths on their website, otherwise they had EDC, FK2, HDFK, LC, MC sheaths avaible 1 year ago or so, maybe they still make but as custom orders via email, dont really know.

Bill is awesome craftsman and not only craftsman but first man then craftsmen:) glad you two have reached out each other, Im pretty sure you wont be disappointed and will love your sheath made by him.

Do you happen to know what style of sheath this was, i.e. was it for a becker or some other? I know you bought it off the exchange, but I was hoping they would have said which knife brand it was.
Brian from Sagewood Gear said he is just focusing on a few makers for now. Apparently they had a huge backlog. Anyway, I'm sure you will be happy with Bill's work. :thumbsup::)

Back