Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by sunnyd, Jul 20, 2006.

1. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Top knife made from saw mill band saw blades by the late Bill Mayfield of Clarendon Arkansas, He made several hundred of them in various sizes from 1978-1986 or so. I have 3 of them.

Bottom is a old green river skinner that come out of a old farm estate that I got in 1980 for 5 bucks.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  3. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    That is a real glock field knife right ? Cause I've been seeing Chinese copy's recently ( I had to ask because you also have that Pakistani Bowie there )
    Not that it matters or anything, but I was just wondering.

4. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    Yes It a 1980's Glock Knife. Back then they sold for about 20 bucks . It takes a good edge. The Bowie is a luck buy. It actually got good steel and I use it in Civil War enactments to show the power of a Bowie , I cut a Brisket in half with one swing.

5. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    The knife on the far left is a old Hickory pig sticker.

6. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    That's cool, they're usually so much of a gamble and I've never been able to get a good Pakistani knife.

7. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    It does look a bit different than that on stainless steel production models, perhaps a bit shorter on the swedge. Here are four variations made over the last 48 years - there are variances in the pommels, guards, swedges, blades, and tips. OH

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  8. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    That's great Al - of course you will post up a photo when it comes? OH

9. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    I know I got a pakie Barlow that was pretty but junk still it only cost 50 cents at a garage sale.

10. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
  11. jstrange

jstrange

Mar 31, 2012
    Very nice work CM! I can't wait to see how that turns out.

12. Corwyn_bv

Corwyn_bv

Nov 13, 2014
    I just got my custom puukko...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Who made that one Corwyn? Looks to be an antler insert as well?

Here's my Pasi Hurttila "Tuohisarvi" puukko in K510 silver steel, stacked birch with Reindeer antler accents. It's sharp enough to filet an atom.

[​IMG]

New (to me) Dozier...made in 2009 (154-CM)

[​IMG]

14. Corwyn_bv

Corwyn_bv

Nov 13, 2014
    A local craftsman called Enrico Deliomini,
    Mine has got a Lauri SS blade 95 mm, brass bolster, moose antler, veneer, leather and birch handles.

He also makes fully custom blades:

[​IMG]

15. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Very cool....I love that forged texture pattern.

16. Poez

Poez

Jul 5, 2010
    So here is another classic fixed blade I've found. It has "FABRIQUE EN ALLEMAGNE" and UTICA markings on the blade.
    [​IMG]
    And here it is after I re-handled it with stacked leather. Another picture is with a similar knife (marked PAL) I've done earlier.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  17. tongueriver

tongueriver Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Good job on the re-handles. Allemagne is the French name for Germany. I did not know that Utica imported German knives. Looks 1950s to me.

18. Poez

Poez

Jul 5, 2010
    Thanks. I expect the color and looks will improve with wear as it is usually the case with leather. The blade will darken too so whatever traces of corrosion and grinder will also fade away.
    As for the markings it absolutely makes sense: the knife was probably imported for Quebec thus marked in French. I bought it in Calgary but in general it looks like Quebec is the place to go for classic knives.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  19. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    Agree on the 1950's or early 1960's. (agree with the rest, too.) There were a slough of German huntling knife imports in that time period with stag handles of similar design.

20. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    Classic beauty! I want Dozier(ish) knife some day..