Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by sunnyd, Jul 20, 2006.

1. tongueriver

tongueriver Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2007
    The Western 48s are great knives. I also like the 58s and 77s.

[​IMG]

2. bozack

bozack

Nov 8, 2005
    [​IMG]

3. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Tell me about it, I absolutely love my black beauty f48a. I'm sure glad that mine hasn't actually been over sharpened like yours has.[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  4. Nrthfce

Nrthfce

Sep 17, 2014
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

5. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    WOW!!, I always like it when you show these beauties my friend - two very nice knives!

6. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Class act there Primbs....... lovely knife!

7. tongueriver

tongueriver Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Now there is a Rudy Rodeo! That RC Ward & Son sheath is special, too! A great chronology, from square-cut to Hangas-made! Thanks for showing!

8. Nrthfce

Nrthfce

Sep 17, 2014
    Thanks for looking. That's an older photo, but I felt it showed more progression than just posting 1 by 1... I have a few different stamps the fit in between the m's and the little lknife stamps but have acquired those more recently and only have solo shots. I like all types of knives, but none are allowed to be safe queens. Some people shudder when I grab an 80 year old knife a start cleaning out an elk, but I just tell them to buy it from me and they can do with it as they choose.

Love those westerns too!

9. Robert.B

Robert.B

Apr 17, 2003
    Completed...it was a nice project to keep my mind from things. Leather is sealed with my own concoction of beeswax and a few other natural ingredients to make it water proof, more supple and not dry out. I had a few tradition things that I enjoy with fixed blades, a few modern things I like and sheath wise I was inspired by Scandinavian sheathes a little. First sheath like that i've made, was a challenge!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    [​IMG]

Condor Hudson Bay, my fave camping knife

11. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    I bought one of the Buck SFO fixed blades in 5160 blade steel last month - this is a model 118. OH

[​IMG]

12. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    Very nice! I have been playing with thought of buying one Buck's smaller fixed blades and those with brass (?) details look so good!

13. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    AL, you won't be sorry - I recommend one! OH

14. Ballenxj

Ballenxj

Oct 30, 2010
    That is an unusual tip on your Buck. I don't recall seeing one like it before?

15. ConBon

ConBon

Jan 17, 2012
    I can second that, they are really nice in hand, have great steel, and a classic feel.

Connor

16. ConBon

ConBon

Jan 17, 2012
    Chris/Rupestris,

The Rapid River line looks really cool, and made in the mitten to boot! Do you know anything about their folders F&F? You say their fixed have great finish, and customer service is good so I don't have doubts.

Connor

17. MerryMadMonk

MerryMadMonk Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 22, 2011
    OH, thanks for posting this. I had no idea Buck had SFOs in 5160. I now have a 110 in Oak on the way!

18. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Got this one in High School .

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  19. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    [​IMG]

Got this big boy in High School. I got out in 1984 so I bought both of these Old Timers between 1980-84.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  20. GasMan1

GasMan1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 27, 2015
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]