1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by sunnyd, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Gary Cunningham caper (6 3/8") in 440C with black linen Micarta handle, red liners, and copper pins:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Stuart

Travman, jwb01, donn and 10 others like this.
  2. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011

Thanks sir!

Duckdog likes this.
  3. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thanks much Stuart. Dave's work is wonderful. You won't be disappointed. The Cunninghams are fine too. I'm watching his site now. :cool:

Duckdog and Horsewright like this.
  4. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011

Thanks Dwight! Sixty three on the bench right now. Doing bolster work today.

JohnDF and Fodderwing like this.
  5. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    As long as you don't compare it to Dave's beautiful expertly skilled work, I'd say it's not bad.
    Simple in looks, but functional with it's imperfections.

This was mostly just some practice with my new cheap 1x30 belt sander, but also an experiment.
    I had a worn out Nicholson Mexico file and I wanted to see if it could make a suitable knife.
    The tang quenched hard enough to snap which was a good sign, and I believe I was right because it responded well to my diamond stones.

[​IMG]

I think it's a keeper, it just needs a sheath.

6. tongueriver

tongueriver Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2007
    I sent this one over to the Bernard Levine forum for evaluation. I think it is Toten, Norway, pre-war; all info welcome! 7 3/4 inches overall, just a dandy size. unmarked. Curly birch and nickel silver. pu1.jpg pu3.jpg pu10.jpg

7. HFinn

HFinn

Sep 6, 2012
    Lovely! I'm not a gun person (nothing really against, just don't own any) but still those two go well together.

8. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
  9. Mike Large

Mike Large Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 24, 2017
    15586874218245187685289484801075.jpg

jwb01, Fodderwing, Jack Black and 8 others like this.
  10. boykinlp

boykinlp Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
  11. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    [​IMG]

12. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Some very nice ram's horn, boys!

Jack Black likes this.
  13. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Herter's/Inc//Waseca/Made in USA. I still think I saw this on the R Murphy website, but it's not there now.
    [​IMG]
    There aren't many to be found, but that hasn't made them valuable.

Who put that dust on my keyboard?

14. tongueriver

tongueriver Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2007
    I remember those bad boys from the hilarious George Leonard Herter catalogs and absurd little books that he penned. Herters was big in 1963. I ordered a number of things from that mailorder house back in the day. Someone owns the name now but nothing in common with the old institution.

scrteened porch likes this.
  15. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    How about this classic that was just gifted to me? Going to clean her up and get her back into service.[​IMG]

jwb01, tongueriver, JohnDF and 8 others like this.