Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

A Bandito with rosewood:

EXIr6Zg.jpg

VQiDVBZ.jpg

This knife varies quite a bit from the usual Sheffield 'Whittle Tang Bowies', knives which have been made in Sheffield for so long, and by so many firms, that they are regarded as 'Town Patterns'. This one is a contract knife, with a blade etch reading 'Katar'. Quite a useful pattern I think, but I don't have a sheath for it unfortunately.

9oEZhM7.jpg

I don't know if this counts, but it is technically traditional and it is a fixed blade.

I saw this OSS / SOE tire slasher in a book about spy weapons when I was a kid and have been enamored with the little thing ever since.
bcee8b06-187a-4f6a-bd39-4fc8e1687169.jpg

Today I was bored and decided to make one from memory, not bad but you can see I got a couple major details wrong.

20220708_170738.jpg

Ignore the over heated temper, this thing isn't going to be much more than a letter opener.

I don't know if this counts, but it is technically traditional and it is a fixed blade.

I saw this OSS / SOE tire slasher in a book about spy weapons when I was a kid and have been enamored with the little thing ever since.
View attachment 1865369

Today I was bored and decided to make one from memory, not bad but you can see I got a couple major details wrong.

View attachment 1865358

Ignore the over heated temper, this thing isn't going to be much more than a letter opener.
That's cool 😎 I've seen something similar here, used by pickpockets, and known as a 'Dippers Ring' 👍

Back