Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

Carrying this Nicholas Nicholas pocket cleaver today, a kind gift from Reaper AL Reaper AL :thumbsup:

zBH5Hki.jpg

snR25xt.png

I ordered this small Seax before Christmas, from a local maker. Forged blade, and a Bog-oak handle. Got it a few weeks back. While the sheath is very much traditional, it's low hanging position, at the front of the belt, is not always convenient, so I may get another sheath made :thumbsup:

DCli53u.jpg

e7RZ0FC.jpg

Sd4d8Zz.jpg

Clpl9Ea.jpg

I ordered this small Seax before Christmas, from a local maker. Forged blade, and a Bog-oak handle. Got it a few weeks back. While the sheath is very much traditional, it's low hanging position, at the front of the belt, is not always convenient, so I may get another sheath made :thumbsup:

DCli53u.jpg

e7RZ0FC.jpg

Sd4d8Zz.jpg

Clpl9Ea.jpg
Very cool.
How about a rubber band to hold the loop you've got near longitudinal?

Very cool.
How about a rubber band to hold the loop you've got near longitudinal?
Interesting idea Jer :cool: Of course, knives like this were traditionally worn on a belt around the midriff, (by slimmer folks than me), rather than a belt around the hips - the bigger my belly gets, the lower my belt goes! :D :thumbsup:
SgwvSN6.jpg

Nieto gaucho's barbecue knife. Strangely thick in the spine, but with a high hollow grind.
That looks really cool Jer :cool: :thumbsup:

Interesting idea Jer :cool: Of course, knives like this were traditionally worn on a belt around the midriff, (by slimmer folks than me), rather than a belt around the hips - the bigger my belly gets, the lower my belt goes! :D :thumbsup:

That looks really cool Jer :cool: :thumbsup:
At least the edge is worn up, so the worst you can do is disembowel yourself.

That is nice and ready action. Have you used it much? How does the edge old up?
I'm only sharpening it for the first time. Judging by how well it resists abrasion, it should hold an edge once it's got one.
The guy left the edge thick, maybe so it wouldn't burn in heat treatment, and I haven't been in a hurry because the knife might be too pretty to use. But it's time I found out.
It also needs a nice sheath, which has also slowed me down, because I can do a sheath, but I can't do nice.
I'll get it sharp and see if it blows up in my face before I worry about a nice sheath.

I'm only sharpening it for the first time. Judging by how well it resists abrasion, it should hold an edge once it's got one.
The guy left the edge thick, maybe so it wouldn't burn in heat treatment, and I haven't been in a hurry because the knife might be too pretty to use. But it's time I found out.
It also needs a nice sheath, which has also slowed me down, because I can do a sheath, but I can't do nice.
I'll get it sharp and see if it blows up in my face before I worry about a nice sheath.
I know Simplejack does work as well as Dave Ferryfrom horsewright knives for a sheath.

Back