Lets see your handmade Kitchen knives

Two by Phil Wilson...

DSCN0354A.jpg

wilsonchef.jpg

dammy stuff will happen just not for a bit
here is a wedding gift i am working on
if they think its too big for there house i l make them a smaller knife as a back up then sell this
its 303mm blade edge 320 overall blade to handle and 490mm total
3/32 spine and edge to spine is 47mm at the heel
dsc00570sm.jpg

dsc00577sm.jpg

Custom Yanagiba, 240mm handle about 6.25" 1084 steel, stabilized walnut burl w/ ebony and ss. Back is hollow ground with a 4' wheel, keeps food from sticking to the back of the blade, Cut by pulling across, this slices without crushing keeps juices in. Great for meat, fish and vegatables.

ChefKnives8-2010053.jpg

ChefKnives8-2010057.jpg

ChefKnives8-2010059.jpg

First of all these are some beautiful knives! ...and i want to thank you for doing them justice with some properly fitted handles...i see so many "custom" japanese chef's knives with handles that sit a half inch back from the that shoulder on the tang, and look like somebody just hammered the handle on with no thought on fitment at all!

I had no doubt that you guys would do this judging by your caliber of work, but I just had to say something...I've been looking into these knives a lot recently (thank you for the inspiration by the way), and notice many many very poor examples of them.......this is refreshing, and a treat to look at!

keep it up! :cool:

Back