Let's see your Scout/Camp knives

Challenge Cutlery Company, 1905-1928.
BlcYFzZ.jpg

The odd thing about tyhe Ulster U.S.A. SS example immediately above is how often they are found with the tip of the can opened missing. Design? Heat treatment? Materials? I have been careful with mine. Classic "Scout" four tools.

Last edited:
I've been carrying mine, and it's talked me out of buying a Swiss Army 7 in alox. Not sure that's wise.
I don't think Camillus ever went to stainless springs, and yet these seem slow to color.
Thank you! I hesitate to compare traditional American scouts with SAK's. I find SAK's very useful and well made, but American scout knives have a special soul. I doubt I'm explaining myself clearly, but that's how I feel about it. As to the steel, I wouldn't know: I don't use my scouts (with one exception), since they are extremely difficult to find where I live, so I'm a bit "overprotective" with my small collection. I'm sorry I'm not being very helpful with this point.

I couldn't pass another vintage Scout knife (pre WWII) and this "Campers" from Robeson just had beautiful bone that caught my eye. I have the exact knife that's close to mint aesthetic wise but with a dead main having no snap. This one has snap on all blades with no play at all, a really good knife to carry :thumbsup:
P344IX.jpg

VoPz2Z.jpg

papQ6Z.jpg

jt9ANB.jpg

I couldn't pass another vintage Scout knife (pre WWII) and this "Campers" from Robeson just had beautiful bone that caught my eye. I have the exact knife that's close to mint aesthetic wise but with a dead main having no snap. This one has snap on all blades with no play at all, a really good knife to carry :thumbsup:
P344IX.jpg

VoPz2Z.jpg

papQ6Z.jpg

jt9ANB.jpg
Nice one Paul, Robeson always has such amazing bone, I like the shield on that one too!

Back