Let's see your Shadetree

thurin

Wanderer
I have all types of material as handles on my Fiddlebacks: Blackwood, Bocote, Oak, Canvas, G10, etc. Love 'em all. But my favorite has to be the Shadetree Burlaps.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one that digs them, so let's see whatcha got.

I'll kick us off.

Emerald Burlap on a Bushcrafter:

IMG_3530_zpsd011c7ff.jpg~original

Electric Orange Burlap on a Camp Nessie:

IMG_3519_zps645e0e22.jpg~original

Evergreen Burlap on a Woodsman:

IMG_3524_zps2e076228.jpg~original

Great thread Thurin! I currently have 6 shadetree examples; funny enough all of them are users (drunk burlap, coffee bag, and evergreen). I did have a sapphire SP, but it now lives down the way with another forum member ;).

I'll get some pics up soon!

Last edited:
I'll play, even though one was sacrificed on the alter of surviving this winter, and the other was traded in the process of getting another Fiddleback I needed for a project or two. This winter has cost me much. The two I have had have left me wanting more in the future though. I love the feel of the burlap!

Raptor

DSC_9322_zpsafab30c4.jpg

Nessie

DSC_2740_zpsd13911fa.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't know this handle material existed. I feel like I am finished with G10 after see these. The emerald and orange are going on my next custom. If Andy would do one in an F2 I would be on it.

I didn't know this handle material existed. I feel like I am finished with G10 after see these. The emerald and orange are going on my next custom. If Andy would do one in an F2 I would be on it.

The emerald may be my favorite. And the real plus is that it not only looks great, but the burlap gets even grippier when wet :)

Although it's not on a fiddleback forge knife, I recently aquired this piece from shadetreephenolics. I hope to use it soon. It's 1/8" and called "dirty fire hose"

image.jpg

My shadetree Kephart with it's pants on ...

kephart_sheath.jpg

Wait a minute.....is your orange burlap Recluse shadetree?

I guess that you could say that I am a big Shadetree burlap fan. I like the vibrant colors and supple non-slip texture on the finished knives. I like the little splashes of other colors that appear in the Coffeebag and Drunken Burlaps. The coarser weave of the burlap also gives the material much more artsy personality than standard micartas or G10’s.

My future knife purchases will continue to be focused on the Shadetree burlap theme. My rainbow is missing a few colors. The hard part will be staying disciplined on Fridays.

Thanks for starting this thread Thurin. Everybody loves subjects that result in more pictures of nice Fiddlebacks.

Enjoy the photos!

Phil

I guess that you could say that I am a big Shadetree burlap fan. I like the vibrant colors and supple non-slip texture on the finished knives. I like the little splashes of other colors that appear in the Coffeebag and Drunken Burlaps. The coarser weave of the burlap also gives the material much more artsy personality than standard micartas or G10’s.

My future knife purchases will continue to be focused on the Shadetree burlap theme. My rainbow is missing a few colors. The hard part will be staying disciplined on Fridays.

Thanks for starting this thread Thurin. Everybody loves subjects that result in more pictures of nice Fiddlebacks.

Enjoy the photos!

Phil

WOW, nice little family of Shadetree! Your rainbow just needs yellow and orange :)

Enjoy the photos!

Phil

[video=youtube_share;ACKWK55Ic9M]http://youtu.be/ACKWK55Ic9M[/video]

Evegreen Shadetree kephart up in the unofficial FBF trade forum; just sayin :D

Back