Let's see your Shadetree

'Tis the season

37539077152_f266e68475_c.jpg

37539074982_6c412b542c_c.jpg

My 1,000th Post!

I knew for a while that I wanted my 1,000th post to be in this thread. Shadetree burlaps are my favorite handle material. Burlaps have remained my primary Fiddleback theme since my first Friday purchase of a Coffeebag burlap Sneaky Pete back in 2013. I don’t foresee that focus changing much going forward. My collection today looks very different than it was a year ago. After some selling, trading, and buying, the color mix of my Shadetree “rainbow” has changed.

Here is my complete collection of burlap handled knives. The majority of these are Fiddlebacks. There are three included here from others makers who would accept custom orders for knives with Shadetree handle colors that I wanted to try when they were new or otherwise unavailable from Fiddleback.

Top row L to R: Camp Knife, Camp Nessie, Bushcrafter, Gaucho, Leuku, Sneaky Pete, Jarrett Fleming “Bird & Trout”, Arete, Recluse, Bushcrafter Jr., and Patch.

Bottom row L to R: Woodsman, Duke, Terrasaur, Bushfinger, Bushcrafter, T.M. Hunt “Yuma”, Monarch, T.M. Hunt “Magua”, Bushcrafter Jr., Hiking Buddy, and Hiking Buddy.

Here is my Fiddleback “Black Bolster Gang” subset. I never set out to collect the bolstered ones, but they definitely add an attractive contrast especially with the brighter colored burlaps.

About a year ago in this thread, I posted a group shot that I called “Watermelon Knife Block.” That picture drew a lot of positive comments, so I decided to do a “2015 Edition” with the new mix of colors. If you like Shadetree burlaps, I’ll bet that you can’t look at these pictures just once.

Here the new edition with just Fiddlebacks:

Here is the version with my complete Shadetree collection:

In closing, I want to thank Andy & Ken for making fabulous knives that just keep getting better and better. More important than that, they have established a wonderful community here that has led to many great friendships for me that were started through common interests in Fiddleback knives. I look forward to making many more friends here in my next 1,000 posts while I am on the hunt for some new Shadetree burlap colors to add to my rainbow.

Wishing you all the best!

Phil

WOW! What an amazing collection of burlaps, that starry night HB is awesome!

Awesome, thanks for posting M4Super90 M4Super90 ! I emailed shade tree in hopes that they will make some more of the starry night. Fingers crossed but that is only part of the problem. I am really trying my best not to beg everyone that has one of the starry night models that I am trying to find (like the one you have ;)) to sell me theirs. I am not doing so good with that.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks for posting M4Super90 M4Super90 ! I emailed shade tree in hopes that they will make some more of the starry night. Fingers crossed but that is only part of the problem. I am really trying my best not to beg everyone that has one of the starry night models that I am trying to find (like the one you have ;)) to sell me theirs. I am not doing so good with that.

If all else fails ...
glowpaint.jpg

Back