Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

9gz7T9j.jpg

I'm considering doing this too, yours looks great with the rounded edges!
Thank you! It’s subtle but makes a big difference in the way it feels in hand. Sounds like you got a nice one too, the action on these is fantastic!👍
Todd

463977D9-8779-4E6C-B5AE-939505939046.jpeg
I was pretty excited when I saw these offered. A lot to like, single blade, full size trapper, just slips into your pocket. Solid feeling pull, right around 5.5, nice micarta, and a well centered blade. No half stop, and probably one of the sharper Case knives I’ve received in a while. The one disappointment, a slight continuous gap between the spring and liner on the pile side, not sure why but this seems to be a constant on all the Case trappers I have. At the price point of this DLT exclusive, really shouldn’t be seeing this fit and finish issue.

The one thing I didn’t really care for on the new Case trapper was the “hard” edges on the covers, so I rounded them off. Not sure how well it comes through in the photo, but it feels much better in hand. I like a sharp edge on my blades but not the handle!😉👍View attachment 1566051View attachment 1566052View attachment 1566053
Good job.... I would have done the same thing... I have done that to several of my knives, including my jigged bone 15 huckleberry boys knife... the edges on it were almost 90 degrees. It's amazing how just a little bit of rounding makes such a huge difference in feel.
Everything on yours looks well blended... much nicer.

The Case knives in my pocket today.... swayback jack in CV, and the three spring 6347 stockman in TruSharp.... it's interesting how closely matched the scales are on these... I'm not sure if they were both the same "type" of handle.... I'll have to go find the boxes and see....

Z24PVC.jpg

I own many Case knives and I am pleased with their F&F for the most part. So Case has double X for double tempered. What if they came out with Case double checked. Charge 30% more and have a guarantee that they double checked the fit and finish on the knife before it leaves the factory. Of course some other slight different scale options. A more premium knife above the regular but below a Tony Bose. Would we pay for that as a consumer?

,,,Mike in Canada

Sure Mike! I would love to see some of that 60s-70s and of course redbone era, of build ethics again and again!!

Good job.... I would have done the same thing... I have done that to several of my knives, including my jigged bone 15 huckleberry boys knife... the edges on it were almost 90 degrees. It's amazing how just a little bit of rounding makes such a huge difference in feel.
Everything on yours looks well blended... much nicer.
Thanks! I think these were 90 also. I was sanding within two hours!😂
The Case knives in my pocket today.... swayback jack in CV, and the three spring 6347 stockman in TruSharp.... it's interesting how closely matched the scales are on these... I'm not sure if they were both the same "type" of handle.... I'll have to go find the boxes and see....

Z24PVC.jpg
I picked up a swayback in Chestnut last summer, love it, but it isn’t nearly as pretty as yours.😎👍

Wasn't supposed to arrive until next week, look what was in the mailbox today...

original.jpg

original.jpg

Same impression others have had. Same issue with slight gapping backspring/ liners. Blade had some slight roughness near the tip, only took a few seconds to knock off the burrs. Only issues with mine seem to be a machining mark on the tang (no big deal, this is not a collectable), and the blade tip is almost proud when closed (I might adjust the kick a slight bit). I can almost catch skin when running my finger over the knife from the butt. Otherwise, F&F and W&T are pretty nice.

Not a huge fan of the Trapper pattern, a bit too long and thin for my tastes. Usually. Digging the single blade, green micarta, and satin blade finish.

Back