• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Let's talk about the latest Northwoods buying process

I don't think these will flip for more this round. I'm happy about that. Hope some of the flippers get stuck with knives this round and curtail it in the future. Wishful thinking, Maybe?

I don't think these will flip for more this round. I'm happy about that. Hope some of the flippers get stuck with knives this round and curtail it in the future. Wishful thinking, Maybe?
A big part is because it seems every run there priced higher and higher which is unfortunate though for a non-flipper that just wants one for there collection.

A big part is because it seems every run there priced higher and higher which is unfortunate though for a non-flipper that just wants one for there collection.

I agree, it is quite unfortunate. I like Northwoods because of the style/motif (rustic?) they have. As a fan/collector, I try to buy each pattern that releases sometimes more than one cover each run, but with the price increases, it's becoming a bit tough on the wallet so I end up just buying one per run.

I agree, it is quite unfortunate. I like Northwoods because of the style/motif (rustic?) they have. As a fan/collector, I try to buy each pattern that releases sometimes more than one cover each run, but with the price increases, it's becoming a bit tough on the wallet so I end up just buying one per run.
I have a feeling the camel bone/ Giraffe will be close to 200 and mammoth 280 plus .
Guess will see how close I am ;)
Too much imo and will stop me from getting one . With that being said I don’t blame KFC because that’s what the market is giving and folks are dropping there shorts to get one EDIT: “including me” at times lol.
My apologies for the crude analogy but fits perfectly lol .
As long as they keep selling out in minutes the prices will keep going up and until that stops then the prices will drop .

Last edited:
Like others have said, something just doesn’t look right about the aesthetics of this one. Not sure what it is.
The GEC 78s were phenomenal, but this one doesn’t do anything for me. I’m sure it will still sell out instantaneously though.

I have a feeling the camel bone/ Giraffe will be close to 200 and mammoth 280 plus .
Guess will see how close I am ;)
Too much imo and will stop me from getting one . With that being said I don’t blame KFC because that’s what the market is giving and folks are dropping there shorts to get one EDIT: “including me” at times lol.
My apologies for the crude analogy but fits perfectly lol .
As long as they keep selling out in minutes the prices will keep going up and until that stops then the prices will drop .

I agree, new Northwoods or a spicy chicken with biscuit and honey? What to do :p

kfc-rf-getty.jpg

Got my red burlap Big Bay. In and out in 1 minute for the win. Loved the covers on the Delta just not the blade. This should do nicely. Lots of great bone covers on this run. Good luck to eveyone in on this.

Last edited:
8 minutes. Hope everyone got what they wanted. I did like one gray giraffe bone but fortunately it sold quickly so the temptation passed.

Last one gone at 308. I passed - not a fan of the bolster stamp, but mainly because I have a few 78's that I like a lot so I wouldn't use it... also a bit not excited about the covers because they have been run repeatedly. If you got one it should make for a nice knife - congrats!

I spent too long looking and then got hung up at check out so I missed a mammoth one...

8 minutes. Hope everyone got what they wanted. I did like one gray giraffe bone but fortunately it sold quickly so the temptation passed.

I hesitated on a few Mammoth pieces, and every time I clicked “Add to Cart” it was already gone.

Back