1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Lets talk GEC!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by rockgolfer, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Same for goose and turkey, just bigger cans (but that knife is large enough:thumbsup:)! :D:D:D

2. Spaten

Spaten Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 27, 2015
    That’s a good idea. I don’t whittle really, but I can pull off that mod to one of my wooden spoons. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

KnifeandEasy and waynorth like this.
  3. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Those would be pretty big cans!!:eek:
    I'll have to see if I can find some canned larger fowl!!:rolleyes:
    Should be Duck Soup!!:D

bbk357, r8shell and sitflyer like this.
  4. knifethetank

knifethetank Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2018
    My wife didn’t believe me, yes I’m a kidder at times when I told her about the can chicken on one of my knife forum. She walked away shaking her head when I showed her. That’s great Charlie

5. bbk357

bbk357 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Just trying to find the point of a canned chicken. A small fresh one at the store is like $6.
    This was a fresh one that we got from just down the road last week that I smoked. A 7.5lb big boy.
    [​IMG]

6. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Canned poultry sounds very WWII era.

Knife content.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  7. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Now that's a chicken!!:eek::):p

bbk357 and EngrSorenson like this.
  8. EngrSorenson

EngrSorenson Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 3, 2019
    Canned poetry sounds like something that would get you booted out of the local slam and drum circle. :D

knife content:
    [​IMG]

9. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    My daughter bought that chicken in a fit of mischief!!:D
    High spirits, that girl!!
    But seriously, many ways have been attempted to feed those less privileged than us North American Fat Cats!!:cool:

KnifeandEasy, Quiet, btb01 and 2 others like this.
  10. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    I'm sure you would.

11. bbk357

bbk357 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Lol- very true Charlie, But that canned content would turn me into a vegetarian!

makeup knife pic
    [​IMG]

12. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    This is the first time that I've sought to collect an entire run that GEC has produced. I generally only buy covers that I like but in this particular case, the 97 (or Large Coke Bottle pattern in general) has certainly captured my collecting enthusiasm so I've made the effort and have made some good progress so far.

I'm only missing 3 now (if I've done my research appropriately, of course)!

[​IMG]

13. Jak3

Jak3

Sep 6, 2016
    Wow, beautiful photo. I admire your determination for collecting all the variations of a given pattern. I've definitely been out of it for a while but your thread on carrying a 97 had me just shopping for one! I really enjoyed it and I am very tempted!

Completely random but I wonder does anyone have all the examples of the #26 Baby sleeveboard (or baby sunfish?) pattern?
    I was just thinking it's a wonderful little pattern that I would like to see again. I haven't been keeping up with them but if they ever run it again I would try to get several different ones. If I ever get the chance I will try and put together a collection of a run from a certain year. Thanks for reinvigorating the collector habit in me!

Pàdruig likes this.
  14. sitflyer

sitflyer Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2011
    PM me, I'll give my Beavertail a ride to live with you. As much of a beautiful knife as it is, I cannot warm up to it, patina at no extra charge;)

KnifeandEasy, r8shell, JohnDF and 4 others like this.
  15. EngrSorenson

EngrSorenson Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 3, 2019
    Great Eastern Cutlery
    Great!
    East... Easter...
    Raising... raising... raising! The bar.
    Knife edges... create from subtraction... adds to quality of life.
    I look at my knife and see my reflection.
    I see it... I see me. Cuts to my core.
    It’s not a shovel but... can you dig it?
    Thank you.
    *rapid snapping of fingers*

knife content:
    [​IMG]

16. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Considering that the 97 is a relatively new pattern for GEC and has only done the one run so far, I've had it a bit easier than some folks with regards to seeking out all the variants. Still, I suspect that the two remaining club knives I need are going to be rather elusive.

Regarding the #26 pattern, I think there is someone here who is known to collect the 25s - I think that individual might be into the 26s too. I can't recall who that is though.

I'm bummed you haven't warmed to it, Duane, but I can understand that - there are patterns that I haven't warmed to in the past as well (the #46 comes to mind). I'll send you a PM.

Jak3, sitflyer and EngrSorenson like this.
  17. sitflyer

sitflyer Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2011
    I actually love the aesthetics, size, workmanship, it is a beauty to behold. Well executed design and very friendly to the hand, and surprisingly in the pocket. I'll take further discussion off board but am happy to help you try to get every iteration of this release in hand, even though mine is slightly used. This will please me as I haven't given a knife away in a while.

18. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Just to continue the theme of GECs as culinary tools ;) Here atop a Plum crumble type thing

[​IMG]

19. Magizm7

Magizm7 Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2017
    @Pàdruig, what a fantastic collection, I wish you all the best with your endeavour. Whilst I only have the one in stag I do think it is a great pattern.

Quiet, Pàdruig and Old Engineer like this.
  20. jsdistin

jsdistin KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 27, 2016
    I can dig.
    image.jpg