Lets talk GEC!

I passed on the beer and sausage, but this one might actually do me some good :D

cbsY5TIgJ-ae3DFixq6FtFKZvZck9YKKS5LoMWt7beVrH0GB7c5p39fF_3AoKxxdAfCR_5_5pTSzzGkUvduuNjpmis1nT7hJ01ZU1DKz4-5bsye0ZVOxG3mngqZm_bb6F1JqgFQvQRV-gSzy2ixRFo-7nK6lIQR0phd4uI8g-hE4y1VIEkM0HodVYDMrLZJ_ddfx3kbw_cnkL7xAL-4YMxF3sHxfMmzZTGjWY1Ncmu7Xtspa9845h84v40p7xmno9I4ckV2gjz3eEiN496BnAI8Jb_4ZCg2WEsJr8ZIBSIDUuZLEoInKNa9nJrqimmxt5lW1WisM8AsC39cM-LPrVFckSYeHHiBB-B-IN_cdjk8OTBUlKGVPNly3z7j4Jy9Rz5opkv4ZIDy3Pexy5gS29sCxJf8rEaIEzq_WbkQSp3RBCB-OgIZ3EPSXTpNGuYqzVglAh89E7DothnwvkW3edEjwn99bkZyZ8YKlubB_ihSZZnAbDCWJ-cPhxpfmyAoy_-j74aIcTzB0i6dLxYh92aU0f7PtWgGrFUzPaIKxRmKwRV41eX7eARWkWpQhkV2W2V5aaUhh1Hcykdw87kRB2JTk5zHTtSi_RQznoM7vSN1s06nUzEqgEMBknXvV25hF4y6P8haFWEUPJFCiPi36NGjRq7vVykSnFT4aGF0NwseR590i9QpoAARr8t3tiw=w986-h977-no

see this is why, end caps on the knife helps. though I cant imagine which GEC has a small enough butt to tamp into the typical bowl

As someone who carries a B&S virtually every day, and enjoys that comb feature, I'll definitely be on the lookout for one of these. Hopefully all the folks both here and on the FB groups saying they hate it means I'll actually score one! :D
The same folks who said they dislike glitter acrylic? :rolleyes: Good luck.

Woah!

Already got a response from Joan Mae Howard:

Sweet!

Now just need a few folks to help out...

Squeaky wheel gets the grease, right?

:D

Ha! Nicely done. To my knowledge, they haven't done anything that would resemble a dedicated pipe knife. It also is very much a niche item and though I have no doubts that it would sell (simply because it is a GEC), it would still likely be considered a risk on their part.

View attachment 1503582
Mail call. The cocobolo is on the lighter side and fairly well matched. I must have gotten lucky with the barlow, spring is flush in open and closed positions. I’m a very happy camper today.
I like that light Cocobola!! Nice knife!! Reminds me of Schrade's series of boy's knives before WWII!! Simple single blade, wood handled knives!!

Ha! Nicely done. To my knowledge, they haven't done anything that would resemble a dedicated pipe knife. It also is very much a niche item and though I have no doubts that it would sell (simply because it is a GEC), it would still likely be considered a risk on their part.
I wanted to rebut your statement out of hand...

What's more traditional than pipe smoking?

BUT then I quickly realized that pretty much marketing anything tobacco related WILL have some associated risk with it these days.

Sad, but true.

Waste of a good frame in my view, and it looks suspiciously like a parts knife. But, the people out there will buy anything with the GEC name on it right now. I won't even need to try :D
I don't think it's a parts knife. They cut the comb on the CNC machine. I think it's more of a case that Bill is just really excited about using the "new" equipment.

It's all good with me I'm passing on the 15s anyway.

I don't think it's a parts knife. They cut the comb on the CNC machine. I think it's more of a case that Bill is just really excited about using the "new" equipment.

It's all good with me I'm passing on the 15s anyway.

No doubt but it LOOKS like a lame parts knife ;) Another ludicrous comb coming so soon after the last one :rolleyes: That CNC machine could cut out a nice small Hawkbill instead, or a Pruner, or Sheepfoot or even a Lambfoot to pair with the Spear :cool:

Back