Lets talk GEC!

Badge beats hotdog.

Maybe...;)

q96u30P.jpg

Cover and shield choices are really just personal preference aren't they? Sure can be polarizing! I'd like to hang out with some of you guys and have a friendly argument about it :).

The American Whittler SFO of the Grinling Whittler with the badge shield looks killer to me. Throw that shield on bloodwood covers and it's going to be even better!!

N2VIMp3.jpg

Pic source: Bladeforums @balor85

a bar/ hotdog shield on a tapered and curved handle?
not for me, i like the badge on the broader part of the handle.
another one i would like to see on such a handle shape is a Orleans shield, or a spear/ houndstooth shield, with the broader shield part on the broader handle side.
GEC-SHIELDS.jpg

What color jig bone is everyone hoping for on the Northfield 38s? Pretty pumped they are going with the un-x-ld shield. That spring green would look pretty nice on the 38 IMO.

Knife picture:
3M7QcxW.jpg

Hard to decide, so many options.. I would go with antique yellow and chestnut peach seed jig bone. Antique yellow I think the last one I recall that I liked was the Maher and Grosh.. the jigging turned out nice and mostly brown with the slightest hint of yellow. I also like the way the clip TC Chestnut peach seed jigging turned out. I don't remember the year.. maybe 2018 ish

I think this is antique yellow. Pic from Bladeforums @Travman

NOevPJd.jpg

0e3e1c11d0a2a4346a1443711909d293.png

Last edited:
Back