Lets talk GEC!

Purple, in honor of the passing of Prince. Not what i expected when a reserved a Northfield jigged bone 72lb.While i love dyed Camel bone i've been dreaming of a jigged bone 72lb for a year or more. It would have been great to have a companion Purple Sage 72lb to go with my 83. I am looking forward to the final product and hope it grows on me.

Well , it is what it is , but I was hoping for some jigging to bring out the color more. But I guess the color is already out.
We will see what it looks like in my hands.
It might become a Christmas Gift to somebody ?????
It is a 72 and it is a Northfields , so that is not too bad me thinks.
I can hardly wait . I just paid for the 72 Stag.

Harry

72-violet-6.jpg

Personally, I think the darker ones will be beautiful, but even the lighters ones came out decent.

Being feminine doesn't bother me so much, it's just a really ugly color. If the dye were blue or red or brown these would look pretty good in my opinion. The purple is just terrible. Especially when contrasted against how great the grizzly cut bone came out. Oh well, they can't all be winners. I appreciate that GEC is willing to take these chances.

Purple rain, purple rain, if this came out in 48 big clip or 15 clip long pull id buy it. But it would have to be better dyed tbh

Yup, I agree. It looks like Vikings purple to me... feminine and ugly all at once. GO PACK!

All kidding aside, I appreciate they are trying to do something different. It's the odd ball stuff that everyone hates (and doesn't get produced again) that becomes the "rare and sought-after" later.

I wish Abalone would come back in a pattern I like :/

I wish Abalone would come back in a pattern I like :/

I know that feels. An abalone GEC is on my short list. A certain distributor has a pink abalone/scalloped liner esquire that's "currently out of stock". Fools me every time.

I like the abalone a lot, especially on the small knives like the Esquire. I just so happened to take this picture recently of my blue knives, so I thought I would share.

IMG_20160904_191201_kindlephoto-746215_zpswixy3cfc.jpg

Wow, some strong opinions on purple/violet, but to each his own I guess. I like purple/violet, it's historically the color of royalty, luxury, and individualism.
I do wish the dye job was more even and consistent though. Im hoping to get a very deeply dyed one. If not I'll probably try to add some dye myself.
Blue would have been pretty cool too. But red and brown - pretty boring I feel, every other knife is a shade of red/brown. I'm not knocking on those or anything, they are popular for a reason, but sometimes you just need something a little different, a little out there. But again to each his own, we are free to like what we like.

I plan to get a couple of the violet knives. I don't really find certain colors to be feminine. Pink was originally for boys and blue for girls, and purple was the color of kings. It's also just made up by the trends of society. I like how they came out and might get extras as gifts.

I'm using my (3!) sisters as convenient excuses to grab a few of these...whether they all get one or not is debatable :p

Back