1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Lets talk GEC!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by rockgolfer, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson

Apr 3, 1999
    I've tried searching the forum and the Internet in general and come up empty. Why do they call this Dog Bone?

Paul

2. Dr-Mabuse

Dr-Mabuse Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2014
    It's made from dogs.

Just kidding. I thought it was because they wanted it to have a more unfinished look by leaving the natural texture but it seems they've polished it all up.

3. blademan 13

blademan 13 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 25, 2000
    While not a big purple fan for my knives, I am anxiously awaiting pics of the forthcoming user dye jobs on this run. :p

4. Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson

Apr 3, 1999
    That makes sense. It sure doesn't look like a dog bone all polished and violet. They should have put some teeth marks in it and aged it under a sofa for a few months.

Paul

5. Dr-Mabuse

Nov 23, 2014
    Maybe they buried it in the backyard for a few months?

6. pmew

pmew

Oct 2, 2011
    IFRC they had an early cover material that was basically a source of disinterred bone that had been found on the site of a slaughter house - or something. I can't remember if that was the primitive bone or named something else... Someone help me out here ...

- Paul

7. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    They should've left it buried. :D

I'm joking, of course, but I don't believe I'll be picking one of these up. :rolleyes:

8. dispatch184

dispatch184 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2015
    For the win ^^^^

9. StubbyThumbnail

StubbyThumbnail Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2016
    My 5 year old granddaughter is an up and coming knife knut, and her middle name is Violet, so I think the one I have on reserve will become her Christmas present this year. May just be perfect for that purpose.
    Take care,
    Rick

10. jrawk

jrawk

Jul 14, 2014
    I think the purple look amazing... but I'm not a 72LB fan :(

11. mrknife

mrknife

May 9, 2010
    cmon well as long as its not human...

12. philllll

philllll

May 23, 2013
    They made a few in "Primitive Percheron Bone" which came from horses IIRC

13. Baldy McBalders

Baldy McBalders

Jun 28, 2014
    Well well, what do we have here?
    [​IMG]

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

14. texmex03

texmex03

Nov 17, 2014
    Its about time, can't wait to see how these turn out. My most awaited release since I received my spear 77 barlows.

15. pmek5

pmek5 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Oh man do those blades look nice. Gettin antsy for my Copperhead :topsy_turvy:

16. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    Thanks for posting the picture of the new clip point. I've been anxious to see them. These are going to look stellar in the medium barlow! Lots of belly, nice swedge, matchstrike pull... all good things.

17. Dr-Mabuse

Nov 23, 2014
    TIL. I always wondered if they were actual horse bone. Having worked with draft horses (best co-workers ever) I think I'd like to get my hands on one of those.

18. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Here you go, Paul. Sounds like you might indeed be thinking of Primitive Bone.

[​IMG]

19. pmew

pmew

Oct 2, 2011
    Thank you for that, I knew I had read it somewhere! :thumbup:

- Paul

20. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Oh my God! They come from dead animals! :eek: