Lets talk GEC!

I wasn't able to resist the #48. Just ordered one in Bloodwood, and I'm liking the look of the Antique Amber jigged bone, too (but I'll probably hold off for the two blade on that one). Thankfully, I don't think I'll have the same problem with the #38 Special. Just doesn't do anything for me.

Will, WOW how a thread can change course. My friend I read your post, saw the light hearted emojis and didn't give it a second thought, tongue in cheek and I saw nothing offensive what so ever.

Now know this, if you receive the calf pen Jack as a gift, it didn't come from me:D:D:D

Will, WOW how a thread can change course. My friend I read your post, saw the light hearted emojis and didn't give it a second thought, tongue in cheek and I saw nothing offensive what so ever.

Now know this, if you receive the calf pen Jack as a gift, it didn't come from me:D:D:D
If public disdain of a product is all it takes to recieve that object as a gift given in jest, then allow me publicly express my loathing of the 48 Diamond Jack SFO. [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The 38s don't appeal to me at all, but the 48s, otoh... I have NF bone on pre-order and I just bought a bloodwood in case I don't like the bone. I'm telling myself I won't keep both, but we'll see how that goes. :p

Indeed. We will see how that goes[emoji3]

If public disdain of a product is all it takes to recieve that object as a gift given in jest, then allow me publicly express my loathing of the 48 Diamond Jack SFO. [emoji12]

Hah! Sideways thinking my friend. Love it!

LOL Stan, I'm with you completely and just a side note, I detest the TC single sheepfoot in ebony...Just sayin:D:D;);)

And while I'm at it a Clip/Pen Washington Jack in polished Stag:( oh the anger;):D

Last edited:

Yeah I would hate it if they had a 38 with a Wharncliffe Main with a small Pen and small Coping in Natural Stag .

Harry

I second this sentiment Will, catching up on the thread. Critiques and praise are both needed to keep this place interesting and I for one highly value both. Now fingers crossed on the Hawthorne release, have wanted one for years now!

Edited: I decided my previous reply didn't add much to the conversation. I will say I am a big fan of GEC, but don't shy away from pointing out my detractions.

However, their incredible service cannot be denied. I sent in a #13 Tidioute Whittler in Muslin Micarta which was expected to arrive in Titusville on Thursday (3/16). I sent it in because the pen blades were proud of the frame enough to catch a fingernail. As in my previous post, I admit I am more sensitive to this than most. Still, I received my knife back today (3/20) with the pen blades lowered. I really don't think a quicker turn around on repairs is possible, let alone expected. GEC is a great company making great knives through the hard work of great people, and I will continue to support them.

However, I am not a huge fan of this new #35. I'm sure others will find it both collectible and utilitarian.

Last edited:
Looking at the production schedule update. A nice variety of #54 handles. I know some folks here were hoping for some ironwood scales....

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yep that was me wondering aloud if they had ever done it. Could be coincidence, could be someone with influence is paying attention. Either way, sounds sweet.

Guessing (hoping) the "jigged wood" marks the return of the Beaver Tail series. I know its been on some knife collector association club knives recently, but not widely available to schmoes like me, for what seems like several years anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah I would hate it if they had a 38 with a Wharncliffe Main with a small Pen and small Coping in Natural Stag .

Harry

38 whittler.......

No, no, no, wharncliffe main, cope secondary and a small clip secondary like was found on The 57 Gippetto whittlers. That would be 38 perfection.

I like your thinking though.

Looking at the production schedule update. A nice variety of #54 handles. I know some folks here were hoping for some ironwood scales....

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I wish there was more information so I know which one to go after... what type of shields, pulls, bolsters...

Any of the Blade Forum approved dealers want to provide some details about your SFO? I'm particularly interested in the DLT and CK versions.

On a side note, while I was thinking about knife configurations, has GEC ever done 2 different grinds on one knife? It seems like it would be a beneficial option for 2 full sized blades. For example, a scandi sabre spear and regular clip...

Last edited:
I was not aware until I saw it here that they had put #54's on the schedule. What information are you looking for?

Guessing (hoping) the "jigged wood" marks the return of the Beaver Tail series. I know its been on some knife collector association club knives recently, but not widely available to schmoes like me, for what seems like several years anyway.

YES !

I will be all over a new beaver tail.

I was not aware until I saw it here that they had put #54's on the schedule. What information are you looking for?

I was mainly curious about the bolster/s, what types of pulls (sometimes you surprise me with the great matchstrike pulls), and shield choices on yours. I'm guessing you will do the standard no etch, satin finish, regular grind? I'm glad to see more oily creek bone.

They will be standard Tidioute fare - they didn't offer much variation since it was just an add-on. So, I figure satin, no etch, standard pulls, and I think I said houndstooth. But to be honest it will be a surprise to me as well.

Back