Lets talk GEC!

I'd be more tempted by the 54 in Oily Creek bone if it was a Northfield offering, but the likelihood of plain bolsters and a nail nick makes it a pass for me.

Oily creek bone is nice looking stuff. Although the bone on the oily creek bone 14's was very uneven in thickness. I don't know why, but I hope it doesnt happen on the 54s.

Yes, looking through google images, there is a lot of variation with that. Some look stunning, while others... not so much.

I like the looks of a 54 in a moose pattern. If there is a run of jacks how much more work is it to make the moose?

GT Thank you, it's appreciated.

Since the 54 is getting an outing again and as it's only .25" shorter than the 53, it might be nice to see a Cuban Pen on this frame or a Moose, I like the big Sheepfoot/Clip combination that was released as a Moose in '12. Just thoughts. An SFO with slant bolsters could also be a fine option.

Regards, Will

I like the big Sheepfoot/Clip combination that was released as a Moose in '12.

This is what I was hoping for when I first saw that the 54 was scheduled. I love the moose pattern and its Nessmuk ties. And I always prefer one blade to have a flat edge on multiple blade knives. But I went for a 54 as they've been announced, just because I love the size of the knife.

oJ053Fy.jpg

The 53 and 54 frames are exactly the same. Blades on a 54 have half stops, blades on a 53 do not.

GT Thank you, it's appreciated.

Since the 54 is getting an outing again and as it's only .25" shorter than the 53, it might be nice to see a Cuban Pen on this frame or a Moose, I like the big Sheepfoot/Clip combination that was released as a Moose in '12. Just thoughts. An SFO with slant bolsters could also be a fine option.

Regards, Will

The 53 and 54 frames are exactly the same. Blades on a 54 have half stops, blades on a 53 do not.

Ah, right didn't know that, was convinced one was a bit shorter than the other. Thanks for the correction. Big meaty EE whatever:D

Anyone receive their new 48 Bloodwood Weasel yet? While waiting for mine to ship, some owner pics would be good to gawk at in the meantime. :D

Last edited:
Anyone receive their new 48 Bloodwood Weasel yet? While waiting for mine to ship, some owner pics would be good to gawk at in the meantime. :D

I'll be stringing out the piano wire snare and caltraps to catch the wily rascal early week after next or maybe Friday next week.
Once I actually get the postman off his motorbike I'll ferret through his sack and hopefully find my 48 Weasel.:thumbup:

Looks like the acrylic on the #48 will be the same as the Draft Beer Acrylic from the most recent run of Beer Scouts, although I wouldn't be surprised if they call it something different.

GEDC0112.jpg

They're calling it "Tiger Eye Acrylic," although it sure looks the same as the Draft Beer Acrylic to me. :rolleyes: :D

GEC-ILLUSTRATED_1.jpg

Mine should be here tomorrow. :thumbup:

I'll be stringing out the piano wire snare and caltraps to catch the wily rascal early week after next or maybe Friday next week.
Once I actually get the postman off his motorbike I'll ferret through his sack and hopefully find my 48 Weasel.:thumbup:

:D :D

Get it done Meako! 🤙🤙🤙🤙🤙

They're calling it "Tiger Eye Acrylic," although it sure looks the same as the Draft Beer Acrylic to me. :rolleyes: :D

GEC-ILLUSTRATED_1.jpg

Mine should be here tomorrow. :thumbup:

:D :D

I wonder if they got rid of the Draft Beer acrylic sparkles that didn't show up well in pictures...

Did not reserve one. I hope, I reserved a single, NF 48 if it gets made. Actually, I'm sure it will (thank you Mike ).

Can't help you on the Weasel.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't GEC announce last year that they were cutting way back on SFO's. I see just as many, if not more being produced as ever. Just scratching my head wondering aloud here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't GEC announce last year that they were cutting way back on SFO's. I see just as many, if not more being produced as ever. Just scratching my head wondering aloud here.

If you actually count knives, they have cut back significantly. They don't do many standalone SFO's at all any more. What you consider SFO's are just "Add-On" runs that they let dealers put in with a standard production in order to make set-up worthwhile. Typically limited to 50 or, every once in a while, a 100 knives.

If you actually count knives, they have cut back significantly. They don't do many standalone SFO's at all any more. What you consider SFO's are just "Add-On" runs that they let dealers put in with a standard production in order to make set-up worthwhile. Typically limited to 50 or, every once in a while, a 100 knives.

That certainly explains the #14 Boys Knife with all its variations. I noticed that the SFOs were in fact just in addition to what GEC is making on a particular frame as you said.

I sure wish they would let someone do some all steel stockmans, gunstock jacks and dogleg jacks Oh and a 14 tc clip too

does that have any implications on a possible run of 77 barlows this year? one of the gec guys told me no one had requested a run so it wasn't yet on the schedule to return.

Back