Lets talk GEC!

I’m really curious what blade type and configuration on this 77 run. I’m thinking maybe some single blade clips but it’s only a guess.
Maybe that's where all the recent Ramsfoot hints are coming from. :D

Yes, and yes to the beerbelly! My Case/glennbad original beerbelly is getting lonely . . . come on Bill, get with it! :D

zYAQlA8.jpg

Great to see the original BEER BELLY again!! Thanks!!!

I kinda hope Mike does a lottery again. Fingers crossed for 2 blades!

Part of me wishes that Bladeforums regulars would get a tiny bit of preference but I don't really know how one would implement that.

A nice sentiment, but I don't think BladeForums constitutes as much of the buying pool as one might think.

The 77 seems like it would be an amazing first barlow to own. It would be amazing to get one depending on what blade is offered.

If memory serves the last 2 runs have been clip points. I would be surprised if it's clip for a third run in a row. I'm thinking spear but could be a Sheepsfoot.
Or...... could it be a lambfoot Barlow??:eek: Doubtful:D

It might have been clips the last two times he's had these 77 SFOs done, but they also sold out very fast and the secondary for them is also very bullish. Clip point 77 barlows are a sure thing and I think he'll go with the sure thing.

I think you could put a hair comb in a 77 Barlow and it would still sell out in minutes.

Then I could have 77 comb Barlow right next to my switch blade comb.

We have a winner! Lol

Reactions: mb>
I'm not really sure if I would actually buy another 77 Barlow at this point in time. The clip/coping and spear/coping runs were so perfect for me, that I don't know if another blade configuration would even appeal to me. And I've got a few of each already. It would have to be something very novel and very useful. Maybe a lambsfoot main and a pen secondary? Better yet, a spear or clip main, and a cap lifter secondary. I'd be all over a 77 Beerlow.

It might have been clips the last two times he's had these 77 SFOs done, but they also sold out very fast and the secondary for them is also very bullish. Clip point 77 barlows are a sure thing and I think he'll go with the sure thing.
True. But all those things also apply to the spears, sheepsfoots, etc. Every NF 77 Barlow ever produced has been, and I suspect will continue to be, a "sure thing".;)

I'm not really sure if I would actually buy another 77 Barlow at this point in time. The clip/coping and spear/coping runs were so perfect for me, that I don't know if another blade configuration would even appeal to me. And I've got a few of each already. It would have to be something very novel and very useful. Maybe a lambsfoot main and a pen secondary? Better yet, a spear or clip main, and a cap lifter secondary. I'd be all over a 77 Beerlow.
Grail, for many!:D

How about a 77 single and double blade option, I would like to see a single blade spear but would also like a two blade with the main a spear.
It would be nice if Mike still has some tiger maple wood, now that would be a sweet looking 77 Barlow

Hope I'd be lucky enough to score one of Mike's 77 Barlows. It would also be nice if GEC would do a full run of 77 Jacks like they did a few years ago...but the upcoming run of similar-sized 86's makes me think that's not very likely.

I'm hoping this means from here on out, everybody gets a complimentary six pack of Shiner with the purchase of a knife.

Back