Lets talk GEC!

G darn... I’m trying to recover from the 93 launch... and now this?

I wasn’t around last year to know what the lottery was about that Mike did... I had to buy mine off the secondary. And I foolishly let all but one of my 77s go. I love the frame and my 77 spring green clip blade is my all around favorite knife.

But if you go to the early reserve site you’ll see that it is in fact a 77 Northfield Barlow:

GEC #77 BARLOW

These are not up for reservation yet. But we have been getting many emails since GEC posted pictures, so thought we would put this marker here.

When the reserve opens we will use the notification system to announce it. And, just as a disclaimer, the site will slow to a crawl for about the first 5 minutes.

BTW, dont waste your time on a “Notify” reservation.”

I'm not really sure if I would actually buy another 77 Barlow at this point in time. The clip/coping and spear/coping runs were so perfect for me, that I don't know if another blade configuration would even appeal to me. And I've got a few of each already. It would have to be something very novel and very useful. Maybe a lambsfoot main and a pen secondary? Better yet, a spear or clip main, and a cap lifter secondary. I'd be all over a 77 Beerlow.

Buzz, these are kind of my thoughts as well. The configuration and cover options with the last run were pretty darned perfect for me. Though I am rather fond of the 77 Barlow and will likely try for one as long as it doesn't come with a spey blade or one arm blade, I won't be heart broken if it isn't meant to be. I am definitely curious what Mike has in mind for blades and cover options this go around.

How about a repeat of the original run. Two main blades. One curved and one flat. Previously a wharny my and a clip. Also, and most unique for gec and different from all the other runs-the frame metals were all nickle silver if memory serves me right. I.e. liners, pins and yes of course, bolster. I think that's the way it was done anyhow. How many other GECs were done in all white metal and not steel? Nothing looks better imo than Blackwood and all white metal. Much sharper look than black white and brass. Butt, you know what opinions are like......see what I did there?

Ah, there you go. So afaik, only the GEC #62s were. There probably were others but none that come to mind at the moment.

G darn... I’m trying to recover from the 93 launch... and now this?

I wasn’t around last year to know what the lottery was about that Mike did... I had to buy mine off the secondary. And I foolishly let all but one of my 77s go. I love the frame and my 77 spring green clip blade is my all around favorite knife.

But if you go to the early reserve site you’ll see that it is in fact a 77 Northfield Barlow:

GEC #77 BARLOW

These are not up for reservation yet. But we have been getting many emails since GEC posted pictures, so thought we would put this marker here.

When the reserve opens we will use the notification system to announce it. And, just as a disclaimer, the site will slow to a crawl for about the first 5 minutes.

BTW, dont waste your time on a “Notify” reservation.”
Just to keep you folks stirred up .

Harry

The picture at the end of the hall does reference my new barlow. It is going to be a lambsfoot/ramsfoot combo.

Just kidding, single spear. The rest I can't remember and am somewhat handicapped as working on my laptop this week when time permits.

The picture at the end of the hall does reference my new barlow. It is going to be a lambsfoot/ramsfoot combo.

Just kidding, single spear. The rest I can't remember and am somewhat handicapped as working on my laptop this week when time permits.

Nice/ ill def go for a single spear.

Honest question- will a 77 with a cap lifter ever be considered?

Back