Lets talk GEC!

I like their big linerlocks. I may need a Northfield to go with my Tidioute from 2008. The gap between the linerlock tab and the kick makes a natural placement of the forefinger with great security for heavy cutting. I haven't done any with this one (safe queen) but have with several others in the past.

Iu5l8Pr.jpg

How do you feel about 1Blade Linerlock models?

I'm a maybe maybe on one of those. I love multi-bladed knives and I have enough really good locking modern single-bladed knives in that size range that I'd probably pass. Two-blade traditional configuration, and I'm on it. I hope there will be some regular production and not just club knives with the two blades.

Ah no worries my friend! I think these (SFA'S) are only available at the annual rendezvous. I am going to do some research and try to compose a list.

I probably need to start a dedicated thread to get input from others and make it more easily searchable.

That would be a great endeavor...here is my only rendezvous knife along with a standard issue. No special tube or anything but it is listed in the production totals in red print, 1 of 3.

upload_2020-1-11_11-7-57-jpeg.1263236

The tang stamp on these isn’t very clear, but I think it says 235220, so that one would be a two-blade with that drop point as the main blade.

asxqmIu.jpg

0RNnnNW.jpg

That could be a spey, Barrett.
This knife would be a #235207, if it had a number, which they didn't in 2007!!View attachment 1288497 View attachment 1288498 View attachment 1288499 View attachment 1288500 View attachment 1288501

It is a drop point in the numbering system, the spey would be the secondary, so it should be the same set up as the one in the pics.

7B6C7AC8-7894-44AF-97EE-495FD24CCEAB.jpeg

That could be a spey, Barrett.
This knife would be a #235207, if it had a number, which they didn't in 2007!!View attachment 1288497 View attachment 1288498 View attachment 1288499 View attachment 1288500 View attachment 1288501

It is a drop point in the numbering system, the spey would be the secondary, so it should be the same set up as the one in the pics.

View attachment 1288625

I thought it looked like the spey from those older #23’s (I have one of the Schrades they did in 2007), but I was second guessing myself because the label under the photo said, “#23 Drop point blades being straightened after blade stamping pattern number.”

That probably is the secondary; on GEC’s two-blade models, I think the pattern number is normally stamped on the secondary blade.

Most "GEC" (as opposed to Northfield or Tidioute) are stainless. Some of the fixed blades are carbon but I think all the folders branded "GEC" are stainless.

upload_2020-1-22_6-31-54-jpeg.1270041
Thanks, however the thread and I are speaking to the company not the brand and was using sarcasm to relay the point that the chance of a stainless sowbelly is very low.

As much as I'd been waiting for GEC to produce Trappers again, I think the #23 is going to be too large for me.

I'm with you. I suppose if there's a cover that really appeals to me I might try for one but I'm not sure I would carry it much.

I'm with you. I suppose if there's a cover that really appeals to me I might try for one but I'm not sure I would carry it much.
Ya, If they release and something tugs at me... maybe.

I agree the 23 is probably a larger knife than I'd like to carry for EDC tasks but a single blade liner lock 23 will make for a great chicken carving knife. I've been using my 97 a lot for that task but the 23 might take over.

Back