Let's talk Northwoods

First time Northwoods owner here. Snagged a mammoth Heritage and it’s incredible. I’m scared to actually use it, but it’s such an amazing knife I’d love it to be a user and for my kids to have it one day as an heirloom. On the flip side it’s gorgeous but I’m not a collector, so I’d feel bad with it just gathering dust or being looked at! Anyone else struggle with putting a great NW into use?

Nope. Use it. You deserve it :)

I have one, a Scagel repro with stag. I even had the blade proffessionaly reground Scandi style to make it a better slicer. Got it real goobered up once and refinished it with sandpaper.

If any GEC 1095 blade sits w/o use it still may get rust or a pit. That's just the way it can be with 1095. Some believe the best way to protect 1095 is to give it a patina obtained by use ;)

Anyone have an idea when the next run would be? I missed the Heritage Jack (not for lack of trying, was just too slow on the trigger... er, mouse). Thanks all.

Completed my set of ocoee today with the arrival of the beautiful giraffe bone! Love the eureka frame

rupd0YL.jpg

Northwoods Norfolk Whittler with ebony handles. These were built on the #31 frame for the Northwoods brand by GEC. That frame is exclusive to Northwoods, but hasn’t been used since 2014. This one is a 3.25 inch split-back whittler. I’d love to see another run based on this frame.
vxNmGN1.jpg

Last edited:
Northwoods Norfolk Whittler with ebony handles. These were built on the #31 frame for the Northwoods brand by GEC. That frame is exclusive to Northwoods, but hasn’t been used since 2014. This one is a 3.25 inch split-back whittler. I’d love to see another run based on this frame.
vxNmGN1.jpg
Very nice! Thanks for posting that beauty.

vxNmGN1.jpg
Thats a beauty Travis. It would be nice to see some multi-blade Northwoods releases again.

Back