Let's talk Northwoods

Don't see it on their FB right now either. You know you folks who do see it you screenshot or save or otherwise capture the image to share here.

Don't see it on their FB right now either. You know you folks who do see it you screenshot or save or otherwise capture the image to share here.
It's in the Northwoods FB Group. Sorry. Just watched it in full screen mode and now they don't look so big.

Ito7hq1.png

It's in the Northwoods FB Group. Sorry. Just watched it in full screen mode and now they don't look so big.

Ito7hq1.png
I just hope whatever the project is...that it's made with full flat grinds. The best Northwoods are always the ones that dodge the Saber grind (although I like those, too).

Swayback jack, based on the GEC 47 Viper?
There is currently on the GEC site a reference to an upcoming release that has pictures of vipers....with the name Massasauga, which is a small mid-western rattlesnake species....

Silly question... if GEC doesn’t make them, how can there be any more Northwoods as we know them? Who would make them? China? Bear & Son? As I understand it, Queen is dead and CSC is more or less the same. Or does the GEC/Northwoods relationship transcend that of an “ordinary” SFO?

There is still one more northwoods to be made by GEC I believe, after that, who knows. Maybe the guy from canal street that did the red trout knives could be an option

Silly question... if GEC doesn’t make them, how can there be any more Northwoods as we know them? Who would make them? China? Bear & Son? As I understand it, Queen is dead and CSC is more or less the same. Or does the GEC/Northwoods relationship transcend that of an “ordinary” SFO?
I think there's no clear answer to this. Bark River also makes Northwoods, albeit fixed blades.

And Bark River has, for some time now, said they want to make folders, but they've not had the bandwidth yet. I am pretty sure KSF has been looking forward to the day BR gets into the folder game as a way of offering more Northwoods Knives.

If memory serves (and mine doesn't always :D), the previous owner of Northwoods asked Derrick Bohn to agree that Northwoods Knives would always be USA-made. I can't say that 100 percent reliable information or that such an agreement would live on past the untimely death of involved parties.

But it feels like information that's relevant to your question.

Yeah, I just can’t help but wonder, because Northwoods is a very popular and sought after knife, and there’s gotta be an answer... market demand and all that. It’ll be interesting to watch future developments at Bark River.

I’ve seen where Mike Stewart-Bark River has stated they’re not in a position to produce slip joints, even recommended GEC if you’re looking for a traditional knife. I’m sure that could change in the future, but seems like a big change in direction from what they do especially at this point in time.

I'm holding out hope that with a possible 74 in the works we might get a long-awaited return of the Esky Zulu from Northwoods. They might have to invest in a few more servers for their website to handle the amount of traffic it would generate on the drop, though.

I'm holding out hope that with a possible 74 in the works we might get a long-awaited return of the Esky Zulu from Northwoods. They might have to invest in a few more servers for their website to handle the amount of traffic it would generate on the drop, though.
Hmm interesting. I would call off work to be in on that one lol. I figured we'd see something on the 35 frame since that's up next. Either way, been too long without a NW drop!

Back